7

I was told I wasn't allowed to return to work till my burn had healed more. It takes one maybe two weeks for it to heal properly, I tried talking to Kristine about it, but she kept cutting me off. "I've survived months without a dishwasher, I'll be fine till your hand heals, now go home."

It's still cold in my room. I sigh and scroll through my phone; my hand feels fine. I don't know what to do for hopefully just a week. Oh wait, I could go visit my mum. I sit up and ring her number, surprisingly she answers immediately, "Heya sweetie, what's up? Are you ok?" I chat with her for a little bit before I bring up the idea of meeting up, I jump when she yells yes. "I'll come over Friday, we can spend the weekend together. Oh my god it's been so long, you can show me your new job!!"

I smile and agree with her, she chats about what she has been doing recently, how she got a new pair of shoes and haircut. "Wait I should save these things to talk about with you this week!!" I wince as she gets loud again.

"Sure mum, sounds good." She starts giggling.

"Look I have to go Barbra promised a girls day out, but I'll be over Friday night, I'll see you soon, Love you!!" We say goodbye and she hangs up. It was quiet again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week was boring, even though I hadn't been working at the coffee shop for long, it just feels weird not working. I just sat around watching TV and cleaning my apartment. I was starting to really look forward to seeing my mum, also made me realise how lonely I was because I didn't go to Uni with my friends. I did try contacting them, but they kept saying there were busy, so I stopped, I haven't heard from them in three months...

I sigh and ruffle my hair with a towel, drops of water fell on my nose once I stood back up. I better head to the train station to meet up with my mum, she wouldn't be here for another hour but must look punctual for the mother. I laugh to myself and leave the bathroom to get changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My baby boy," I smile as my mum rushes up to me, wraps her arms around my neck squishing me.

"Hi mum," I say patting her back. She smells like strawberries, she pulls back and holds my head in her hands, turning it to look at both side of my face.

"Sweetheart you need to get outside more," she pulls up my eye lids with her thumbs and scowls.

"How was the train mum?" Her face lights up as she pulls up her suitcase behind her, a large one, she is only here for two nights.

"It was ok, I am so sorry I had to come so late." She leads the way out of the train station, stopping at the side of the road, "Still don't drive?" I laugh awkwardly and take her suitcase.

"Ye... sorry about that." She pats me on the back and starts to lead the way to my apartment.

"All good sweetie, just with my age I don't know how long my knees can last." She stops and looks around before turning back to me, "I forgot the way there," I laugh and start leading the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure, I don't mind sleeping on the sofa," I shake my head.

"You're my guest mum, and we don't see each other often." She thinks about it before dragging her suitcase to my bedroom.

"Ok. It's late so I'm going to sleep lovely. We're going to your work tomorrow; I want to see the place." I agree and she kisses me goodnight on my forehead, after I bent down so she could reach. I lay down on my sofa, the ticking clock above my head, it was rather late, mum took the last train of the night. I wanted my mum to sleep in the main room so she could have the heater if she got cold, I hope she doesn't get cold tonight.

Going to visit my work tomorrow, my mum did it every time I got a job so it's nothing new. Damien would be working though, I'm kinda hoping he isn't cold to my mum like he was everyone else last week. I'm sure It'll be fine. I don't know if he just works afternoons or if he works mornings also, I could try and avoid him? I don't want him scaring my mum, I like my job, if my mum doesn't, she won't leave me alone till I found a new one. I'll ask my mum what time she wants to go in the morning.