008. I know her, that can't be

Chapter 8: I know her, that can't be

All is fun then this girl shows up out of nowhere

In all literal honesty the whole ride had a bit of a weird feel to it so far. But it was a welcomed type of weird.

And now that she was here in Savannah seemingly the nagging feeling she had earlier evaporated and went to whatever plane heaven could ever be.

She had joined the group with Ben beside her who was probably still in a groggy haze of sleep inertia. Vera herself wasn't sleepy at all but her shoulder seemingly stiff and there was a bit of an ache to it.

Whatever Mr. Thomas was speaking about it surely about the whole entire schedule for today until tomorrow. And by now Vera had it engraved into her mind from how many times it's been said but out of respect she listened to the teacher. He wasn't really saying anything new or out of the ordinary, Ashlyn stretching her body was more distracting than anything.

To anyone else the way her bones cracked was a sickening and uncomfortable sound. And Vera herself still couldn't get herself to get used to it no matter how many times she bore witness to it before.

And soon enough the mini speech Mr. Thomas came to an end and they were finally allowed to roam around the city however they liked. As their group started to leave Vera saw Ashlyn staring into the distance a bit too lost for thought to notice what was happening around her.

Normally she would be the one to call out to Ashlyn but someone had already beat her to it.

The whole drive Ashlyn was talking a bit more than usual. Vera was glad. Ashyln could use more friends and she let herself out of her comfort zone a little today. Uncle Mike surely got through with her a bit with his words that's for sure.

There was a silence as they started to get a bit further away from the bus. No one had for the solid five minutes of walking they had until Logan, bless his soul, had spoken up.

"What should we do first?" Logan said with a bit of a nervous smile.

"Well we haven't eaten since we stopped for lunch a few hours ago."

Vera could only feel sorry for the poor souls who were on their shift when a bus filled with teenagers came flooding in without prior warning. The food was decent but she couldn't retouch her make-up in the bathroom from how foggy the mirrors were.

"We can get some food and talk about what to do while we eat?" Taylor had chimed in with a smile, looking up to her twin who had his eyes set on his phone.

"Sure. Sounds like a good idea" A dry and short response. But still a response either way.

Vera looked at the street signs a bit familiar with the place.

"I know a good place with quick service around here." Vera spoke in a lax manner pointing at a direction right up north with thumb.

The majority of the time spent in the restaurant consisted of a five minute waiting time for the food and a ten minute waiting time for Vera to get out of the restaurant with her make-up perfectly retouched.

"You took too long, your food's cold now." Ashlyn had said not even looking at Vera.

"The food can wait, humanity needs to see me at my best at any second."

The whole discussion over food could be summed down to taking one of those carriage tours, then roaming around historical landmarks, and the rest of their spare time would be spent just exploring the place.