♢𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿: 𝗳𝗹𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 ♢

LIVIA WOULDN'T SAY SHE HAS A problem with anger issues or a bad Temper

problem with anger issues or a bad Temper. She was quite good at controlling herself but when it came to James Beaufort.

Man she hated this boy.

He made her want to grip him by his stupid blond her and throw him down the stairs, while at the same time he seduced her to join his little game of making each other furious until one of them gave in.
She could not allow herself a single mistake, a single misstep from the line she followed. So she didn't react. James could play his little game. He could play with himself like a dog chasing his own tail, she didn't care.

Livia felt the eyes of the parents and students on her, but one pair of eyes burned more intensely than the others. James watched her with a mixture of amusement and interest, a predatory glint in his eyes that sent a shiver down her spine. She stepped down, handing the microphone back to Lexington, who immediately apologized for what happened and that whoever organized it, would bear the consequences.

Liv walked to the left where James and his friends came down the stairs. She grabbed the jacket of his suit and pulled him outsides, his friends laughing behind them. In the empty hallway she pushed the boy against the wall.

"Wow wow." He said amused.

"You think this is all too funny huh?!" She said shaking her head. He had his collar gripped in her hands and pressed the palms of her hands into fists so hard that her knuckles turn white. She had so much anger inside of her cause James had clearly overstepped the line by embarrassing her not just in front of total strangers like he did on the lacrosse game. He also ruined the evening that she and the other students, like Ruby Belle, had worked their asses off for.

"Sorry, I didn't want to ruin the impressive little speech you gave there." James said, his voice low and mocking. Liv couldn't quite see his face because of the shadows that were printed on the floor and the walls, by the big pillars standing outside of the big hall.

"So you say it was impressive?" She smiled mockingly. James tilted his head to the sight and then raised his chin slightly towards her.

"Yeah it was. I almost believed you actually care about the cheerleading team." He said grinning down at her. She sighed and the stepped closer to him. Her hands now were flat on his chest, at the sides of his collar. Her high heels brought her almost to the same height as him, which she was glad of. Otherwise it would have been quite embarrassing.

"Just admit it Beaufort.." she leaned closer to him.

"You can't bear it that I'm not messing everything up like you expected me to. You want to see me falter but I won't." She said and as much confidence as possible into her voice. Her brown eyes pinned on his.

"Who said that that is what I want?" He tilted his head slightly. The brunette girl scoffed.

"Then what do you want from me, Beaufort?"
She hissed and James raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips.

"A good game of chess." He then said and Liv frowned.
James took a strand of her hair and pushed it behind her ear. He then leaned forward whispering into her ear.

"I want to win, Ashwand." He said.
Livia scoffed not showing that it made her heart skip a beat.

"You won't win this. No matter how hard you try, you are wasting your time and ruining yourself! It's like u shoot a bullet into your own leg. What do you think happens when Lexington finds out you're responsible for the strippers?" She narrowed her eyes and then let go of him.

"My father finances this whole thing, do you really think the school will do anything?" He said confidently.

"The school maybe not." Liv said.

"But it ruins your reputation as young Beaufort when people hear you have nothing better to do than sell drugs and pay strippers." A smile grew on her lips.

"Also the image of the cheerleader team has influence on the image of the lacrosse team. Ruining our choreography and my speech doesn't help any of us."
She said, stepping away from him and felt him take in her look. Her black dress that complimented her body and the black heels embracing her tanned legs.

"You talk about image? You know I should congratulate you. It takes a lot of courage to stand up there on that stage and pretend everything is fine in your perfect life ." James whispered arrogantly, changing the topic.

"Everything is fine," she retorted, her voice icy.

"And I don't need your congratulations."
James stepped in closer. The light through the window, almost perfectly lighting his face. His blue eyes seeming to stare through her soul.

"Careful, Ashwand. It sounds like you might actually care about what people think."
Livia took a step back, her expression hardening.

"I don't care about what you think. Stay out of my way, James."
As she walked away, she could feel his eyes on her, the tension between them palpable. This was more than just a rivalry; it was a battle of wills, a game of power that neither was willing to lose.

Ruby appeared in front of her. Her eyes filled with tears.

"Where is James? Lexington wants to speak with us."

Author's note:
I'm so sorry it took me so long to update! I'm writing two stories at once that probably wasn't my best idea! Don't be confused when there's standing „Dahlia" instead of "Liv/Livia" this happens to me all the time!

969 words