♢𝘁𝗲𝗻: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗵 ♢

AS LIVIA TALKED TO MR

AS LIVIA TALKED TO MR. DONOVAN,
the tension between James and her was thick enough to be cut with a knife.
Livia could feel his burning gaze on her, which made the whole situation even more thrilling.

She made her move.
And it was a bold move.

With a confident smile, Livia slipped effortlessly into conversation with Mr. Donovan.

"You know, Mrs. Ashwand. I was quite surprised to see you with Mr. Beaufort tonight, considering his family and yours have never gotten along well," the man said, and Livia shrugged.

"Yes, but I'm ready to take opportunities." she said, careful not to divulge any more information and make herself vulnerable.
Mr. Donovan pierced her with his sharp eyes. He looked intrigued and nodded thoughtfully as he took a sip of his drink. Liv sipped her glass too and let her eyes wander over the people around her again.

"I've heard a lot about Ashwand lately. You seem to be making some moves, Miss Ashwand." The man then said and Livia smiled, accepting the compliment gratefully.

"I like to be ahead of the curve. It's about more than just keeping up. The whole market, the other companies, it's more about setting the pace.. for me." she said, now piercing him with her eyes.
Then she looked back down at her hands, allowing a brief silence to fall between them for her words to sink in. Mr. Donovan nodded thoughtfully again, and that made Livia realize she had him on the hook.

"Mr. Donovan, I've heard a lot about your work." She began warmly, lowering her voice and leaning forward just enough to make it personal.

"And after our conversation earlier, I think Ashwand Enterprises might be the perfect partner for your latest project. We've been quietly developing some groundbreaking initiatives that align with your company's long-term goals."

As they talked, Livia could sense James' presence, even though he wasn't there. She knew he would be watching her, but this was her moment and she wasn't going to let it slip away.
She leaned a little closer to Donovan and lowered her voice.

"Beaufort Industries is undoubtedly impressive," she said in a soft and controlled tone.

"But if you're looking for a partner who is not just reactive, but proactive! A partner who anticipates where the market is going and adapts before someone else does. Someone who thinks more steps into the future, then Ashwand is your answer to everything you're looking for," she said, seeing how intrigued Mr. Donovan was. She saw his eyes wander over her dress, which accentuated her figure, as she leaned forward.