♢ 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲: 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 ♢

Why'd you have to lead me on?Why'd you have to twist the knife?Walk away and leave me bleedin', bleedin'?Why'd you whisper in the dark?Just to leave me in the night?Now your silence has me screamin', screamin'

Why'd you have to twist the knife?
Walk away and leave me bleedin', bleedin'?
Why'd you whisper in the dark?
Just to leave me in the night?
Now your silence has me screamin', screamin'

Say don't go - by Taylor Swift

THE COMMITTEE ROOM WAS FILLEDwith activity and chatter as Ruby and her friends gathered to finalize plans for the upcoming gala

with activity and chatter as Ruby and her friends gathered to finalize plans for the upcoming gala. The chaos of voices and the rustle of papers filled Liv's ear as she sat at the table, next to Kieran Rutherford.
She was flipping through notes, her brow furrowed in concentration.

Across the room was James, lingering by the windows, seemingly engaged in a conversation with some guy and not bothering to help them at all.

The strained silence between the two had lasted the last three days and Liv wondered what James' plan was, that he went from bothering and blackmailing her, over to completely ignoring her existence.
The whole situation hadn't gone unnoticed by the people around her either. Her friends had already asked what had happened after the festival, they probably thought about something like a hookup between her and James.

Liv hadn't intended to let it bother her, but as days passed, James' coldness was becoming impossible to ignore.

"Livia do you wanna start?" Ruby asked and Liv nodded.
When they organized themselves and went quiet, Liv stood up and walked towards the flipchart, starting to speak.

"Okay so I've reviewed the venue layouts, and I think we can use the main terrace for the cocktail reception," she said, showing the place on the plan, that was drawn on the paper of the chart. She glanced at James, expecting his usual sharp and mocking comments.
But the boy was quiet and barely looked up from his phone.

"Sounds good to me!" Kieran said, nodding enthusiastically.

"Then we'll do that and the bar will be on the other side, near the buffet. It would help if we could finalize the seating arrangements today." Ruby said, nodding.