♢𝘀𝗶𝘅: 𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀 ♢

IT WAS EARLY IN THE MORNING, THE sun was barely up when James ran through the yellow fields that were ready to be tilled

sun was barely up when James ran through the yellow fields that were ready to be tilled. He saw the familiar figure of his father jogging and decided to change course and join the man.

"What's happened? My son is up so early?" he asked.

"I thought I was training before school like you said." replied James.

"Oh yeah. Race you to the bank," said the men, picking up their pace. Two stubborn people, unwilling to give up the fight, ran towards the bank.
James' father, Mortimer, cheered as he won the race. James bent down to catch his breath.

"I let you beat me!" he then said, out of breath.
They sat down on the bench.
There was a long silence between them, filled with their heavy breathing, when James decided to break it.

"I need to get back to the lacrosse field, Dad," he said, and his father nodded.

"We've got our hands full right now with preparations for the investor reception and the new line," he started talking about business again. It was all his father talked about. As much as James liked the way his father's eyes filled with pride that his son would soon be running the company, it was beginning to annoy him that the man couldn't talk about anything else.

"You, the face of young Beaufort," his father finished and James nodded.

"We're on the verge of winning our third title in a row this season! It's never happened at Maxton Hall before.
Hall," he continued, knowing it was hard to talk to his father about his sport.

"Well, that's not surprising considering it's a girls' sport," his father replied and James felt disappointment overtake him.
He fell silent.

"Are you going to talk to Lexington or should I? Please Dad, it's my last year!" he begged.

"James, you have a company to run, a new line to present, and enemies ready to tear our business apart, and all you can think about is this pathetic sport?!" his father's voice became stern and annoyed, causing James to stop pushing the issue.