chapter 25: CONFESSION OR CONFUSION

Like the last few days, the sky was hazy in the early morning, which gradually developed into heavy rain and storm....
It took some days for the emperor to realise what all had happened....
Harkha was demanding his presence everytime and hamida supported it too.
Maham was plotting something big to reach her destination....

Salima just waited to see what all these would turn to.... . ..
When she was walking towards her chamber one day, the emperor found her on the way....
"Salima begum! "
" Jee shehensha! "
"Woh- i-"
He stammered and left it....
" Nothing! "
Salima nods and both continues to walk in their paths. . ...
Salima thinks, 'I think he wanted to ask about her.... But he is hesitating, let me see how much time he can suppress his feelings!'
He calls her again, " Salima begum, I wanna talk to you.... Can we please go to your chamber I don't want harkha to disturb us! "
She nods again and follows him to her chamber.....
He starts, " I don't know what to do.... I need ur suggestion in this matter..... "
She asks, " About what matter? "
He starts by narrating what all happened the previous week, " I tried talking to her for the past few days, but she is not even ready to meet me..... Either they say she is sleeping or praying.... And i don't get much time too.... I don't-" He stops between....
Salima deeply breathes in....
She says, " Shehensha, no I don't understand what you are trying to convey.... After all what u had done.... What can we expect from her? "

He turned towards her, " Salima? You too think that way... .. Let me tell you then, harkha is demanding more because she thinks she is gonna give me a son who will sit in the throne which is a very big favour she is gonna do to the kingdom and me,
I think her maasi gives her new ideas in what way she can keep me busy,
Secondly, there is ammi who do not know her tactics, ammi tells me to be with her in my free time and she even insisted me to go to ruqaiya and make her promise.... To keep up her heart i went to my queen.....
On the other side is ruqaiya begum, who is misunderstanding me everytime... She already has a complaint that i left her in the most crucial time.... And now this! "
He said in one go...

Salima frowns....
She says, " Then u are telling that u asked ruqaiya to promise was just to keep up ammi's spirit? "
He nods, " Yes... Why will i ask her to do such kind of promises... She will not even think like that in her dreams.... "
He becomes emotional and his eyes filled with tears.... "And-and things escalated further with my mother telling her all these years was a 'favor'.... "
" What explanation will i give her for these? Why ammi jaan is blindfolded in harkha's matters? "
" I am praying to my god that my child should be born safe and sound... Be it a boy or girl"

Salima says, " You should have told all these to her... She would understand you.... "
He sighs, " I thought so at first, but then again it creeped my mind that i am too selfish to ask her this.... "
He continues, " She will think that i am sacrificing her peace for my desire to have a child.... "

Salima keeps her hand on his shoulder...
He says, " Ruqaiya not only lived with me all these years, she has been a friend, a confidant, a wife, a queen to my people!
She dedicated her entire life for the welfare of mughat sultanat....i love her a lot selflessly...all these are matter of time ....i ll solve it soon........ And i want her to wait for me....... "

The azaan for afternoon prayers were heard....
He says, " I will have to meet the ministers after prayers...... I will take your leave then! "
She nods...
He walks towards the door and turned, " Bohat acha laga, aapse baat kar ke.... Dil ki bhoj kam hua.... Now pray for me so that i can make her understand what I think! "
She smiles....
He leaves from there.....

Salima too goes near the entrance and see him off...... When she looks on the other side.... She is amused to see ruqaiya standing there with gloomy eyes....
Salima says, " Ruqaiya begum! You- when did you come? "
Ruqaiya was quick to hug her, " I heard everything! "
Salima smiles and hug her back....
Ruqaiya says, " He is struggling to keep all his women together.... And how stupid was of me to think ill of him! "

Ruqaiya says," he wants me to wait,right?OK then I ll wait for sure!"

*in harkha's chamber *
Maham greets harkha  who was sitting in the couch and sat next to her....
Maham says," well....harkha begum....looking very happy....what's the matter?"
Harkha says," all thanks to you maham....now shehensha's attention is only on me and my son....."
She replies," what did I do? It all happened with the flow"
Harkha says," no all these happened because of you only....if you had not given me the opium then I don't know what would have happened "
Maham smiles," you are giving that to him everyday,right?"
Harkha nods in positive direction.....
She also says," see as I had already said...taking small amounts will not be a problem...it had become your solution...."

Hello everyone.....hope I did not disappoint you guys.....if u like the chapter plz do vote it and tell your reviews in the comments section as they are valuable to me......

What is your take on the storyline?
What do you expect to happen next?
Interesting chapters ahead....stay tuned....

Until then,
Always♥️