Chapter Seventeen: Confrontations and Drastic Actions

At the Gold Fin Coven main house...

"Marithe Deinos, you never fail to amaze and frustrate us," Chance said harshly as the Omega in question soon woke up in the master bedroom with the Alpha in question, his twin brother, and Lachlan glaring at him. "Velvet told us that you've been getting too close with that she-devil, the same woman whom we warned you to stay away from."

"And yet it seems that you're too enchanted by her," Chace piped up, crossing his arms and deeping his glare as if daring Marithe to get up off the bed which the Omega was lying down on. "I'll give you one thing, you're determined to get what you want and how you want it. But she's a stark reminder of the three women that you chose to leave Thierry for all to vainly keep your late parents safe from."

Marithe sighed, sitting up on the bed. "Guys, I'm-" he began.

"We don't want to hear it," Lachlan interrupted just as Arianna and Taranna came into the bedroom with Thierry and his fiance following suit. "Don't you get that you're only asking for more trouble and an even rockier road to redemption by going against Druscilla's designs? Even I know that, and I followed you to break the mating bond between us and Thierry even if I was against my original ideas. Can't you learn to accept your new life as an Omega and see what can happen if you allow Chance and Chace to love you properly?"

Marithe shook his head no despite the incoming migraine that began to crash over him. "I'm meant to be an Alpha," he gritted out before glaring at Thierry. "I made the fucking mistake in letting myself fall to Lemieux's designs."

"Watch it," Arianna snarled, her eyes glowing in power. "Thierry had did nothing wrong to you."

"He shouldn't have come to Sammons Falls Academy in the first place," the Omega spat back. "Maybe it would've been best to mate with Kylie and Crystal before I did so I wouldn't have been in this position in the first place."

"And you would've pissed off your old wolf Sirion to the maximum as well as my Mother's designs for the two of us to meet," Thierry replied crisply. "I'm actually grateful that you know where you stood when it comes to me, Marithe Deinos. You had a good thing going with me until you let the Gruesome Threesome clouded your judgement and ended what could've been a golden age for your former pack. Chance and Jacerimiah were better off with ruling your former pack as you failed to keep your promise."

"I was doing what I thought was best for you," Marithe defended weakly. "Sure, your death was temporary and all that, but at least you came back to fight your late sisters and cousin. If you weren't a moon wolf and you had died, the rogue shifters and hunters and the traffickers would've succeeded. Maybe it would've been for the best if they did so that loners like you were would've been put down like unwanted rats."

Gentle reader, there are certain lines one should never cross when it comes to the Omegas and loners in the supernatural. And this one line that Marithe was unfortunately reckless enough to cross once he said that sentence.

Thierry inhaled sharply, briskly walking out of the room. "Thierry, wait!" his second-chance mate said urgently.

"Nice going, Marithe," Lachlan hissed angrily. He shook his head before facing his mate with a despondent look on his face. "Chance and Chace, I-"

"You're not to blame, Lachlan," Chace cut him off. "Marithe is still in denial, and deep in it from where I stand."

"I'm just being honest," Marithe replied, finally getting out of the bed and facing his four mates. "No matter what you all say or do, I will not break easily."

"So you continue to show defiance?" Taranna asked sharply. "You continue to scorn this second chance that is blessed for you, the same one that you've chosen for yourself?"

"If you all had came into that prison when I was Matthieux and made the offer for me to live out my days as a human, things might've been different. Or I'd considered staying in prison, to be honest."

Arianna sniggered, a dark gleam in her eyes. "Is that so?"

"Damn right."

Chance smirked at the Omega. "And what about Lachlan?" he asked.

"He might've been foolish enough to keep the path that he's now on, but I'm not like that." Marithe replied. "I really wished things would be different and I wouldn't have met Thierry in the first place."

"Well, that won't be happening," Chace replied.

"I concur," Arianna said, her twin cousin nodding in assent. "The moment that you've said yes to Druscilla's plans was when your old life and everything in it was considered obsolete. And whether you like it or not, we're going to make sure that you follow your newfound destiny down to the very last letter."

Marithe opened his mouth to protest, but a force of magic soon found him back on the bed.

"We're going to leave you alone so you can think about what you've said," Chance intoned. "But know that you're not going to leave us that easily, Marithe Deinos. If anything, this makes the game more complicated for you unless you take a big bite out of the slice of humble pie and eat every single crumb down to the bottom."

"Everyone's invested in you, Marithe," Chace added. "All you gotta do now is show us the profits whether by your volition or by our hand."

With that said, the two Alphas, Lachlan, and the twin witch coven leaders left the bedroom.

Marithe snorted heavily, fighting the urge to roll his eyes until he remembered the business card that the female Alpha gave him. Taking out his new phone, he opened the messaging app. It's Marithe Deinos, he typed. Can you and I meet sometime soon? I want to talk about the offer you have in mind. Have to lie low for a while because things are getting hot right now. Will text you when things cool off.

Marithe inhaled, suddenly realizing the situation he was in. "Am I really considering this?" he muttered to himself. "What if I am making a big mistake in fighting this? But what if...what if I can finally regain my original Alpha spark and reclaim my life?"

He erased the text messaged, then rewrote it twice before erasing it again, wanting to be sure that what he wanted to do was right for him. After the fourth attempt, he knew that what he felt was something that needed to be said.

He pressed SEND.

Oh, shit! Looks like Marithe is really playing with fire in all the wrong ways! And what he said was definitely out of line. Can the gang reel him in before he seals his fate?

Coming up next, we check in with Thierry as Lyle, Arianna, and Lachlan check in on him after what was said. And let's just say that they and the twin Alphas are cooking up something of their own. And if you're lucky, you might also hear from Ceceillia Mendez as well! Don't miss out!

Dedicating this to Nicoismysenpai and sylviaNgould for being badasses! Song of choice for this chapter is "Animals" by Maroon 5.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!