Chapter Twenty-Three: Reprogrammed Marithe (Reprise)

DREAM SEQUENCE

"Marithe."

The Omega's eyes snapped open as he soon faced Druscilla and Amalia, both goddesses dressed as business executives in matching pantsuits while exuding their divine aura. "Man," Marithe grunted as he sat up and looked around. "What the heck did I drink?"

"Nothing special, just a little something that Taranna and Arianna cooked up alongside their coven members as well as Thierry and Lyle," Druscilla commented, her voice smooth and teasing as she smiled like she was a cat who ate the canary.

Marithe's eyes went wide. "Wait, what?"

"You heard her," Amalia replied.

"Wait, so it was Thierry and the witches who was behind the potion and gave it to Ceceillia? Wow, I never knew. At least he knows that I was meant to become the Alpha and finally decided to make things right."

Druscilla chuckled lowly, a low rumble of thunder emanating out of nowhere. "And what makes you think that the potion he made was meant for you to become Alpha once more?" she asked. "Especially when my judgement was for you and Lachlan to become Omegas?"

"It's called being considerate and knowing his place," Marithe replied in a clipped tone. "I was meant to be an Alpha and-"

"Not anymore, boy," Amalia interrupted. as her face warped into a glare while her eyes flashed red in power. She shook her head in exasperation. "Marithe Deinos, formerly known as Matthieux Rosseaux-Yanez, you are one tougher nut to crack than I, Druscilla, or any of the other gods expected. I will admit that you can put up one hell of a fight. You tried to fight your new destiny even after breaking your promise to my sister and breaking Thierry's heart when he was willing to fight for your love until the end. By reneging on your promise, you doomed his unborn sons and nearly caused him to die. If it not for Druscilla and his true lineage, you might have met a more lethal fate than before and ended up in my realm faster than you expected."

Marithe inhaled sharply, knowing that she was correct. Still, gentle reader, he remained non-plussed. "I did what I thought was right," was all he said. "Life would've been much better if Thierry and I have never met. I can't speak for Lachlan- AKA, your son Luciane- since he's now a part of this circus; but I think that Thierry was better off dead before coming into his true heritage."

"Is that a fact?" Drsucilla asked, her tone calm yet her eyes speaking of rage.

"That's a fact and then some," Marithe answered. "Now that Thierry's potion is in me, it won't be long until I'm an Alpha werewolf again and I can finally reclaim my rightful inheritance."

Both goddesses soon laughed.

"What is so funny?" Marithe asked, scowling at the women.

"Foolish boy, the potion that you drunk won't make you into an Alpha anymore," Druscilla drawled. "No, not at all. The potion that was spiked into your cup of wine will soon make you into the PERFECT Omega merman that you were meant to be as you will soon fall in line with your new destiny."

"WHAT?" Marithe bellowed, his head starting to throb.

"That's right, Marithe Deinos," Amalia crowed. "All traces of your former Alpha aura will soon be eliminated as you'll learn what it means to be a true submissive and love your new life as such. Honestly, you should've been given much worse. If I had my way with you, you'd be in an eternal slumber where you'd be living Thierry's past life that was full of torment and abuse- see what it was like in his shoes without any form of support. Any form of comfort from that punishment would come from in the form of Thierry shedding a tear of regret for you."

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Marithe hissed as his head began to throb in pain.

"Because I know that you still yearn for what could've been if you remained faithful in the past," Druscilla intoned as her face turned into sadness. "I know that you wanted to return to normalcy and wanted to rebuild your life from the ground up. But doing so as an Alpha would lead to nothing but heartache and endless sadness for you and Thierry. He deserves to have Lyle as his second-chance mate and true soulmate while you and Lachlan need Chance and Chace as your mates alongside each other. Would you have preferred to remain human and wasted the rest of your life in prison back in Texas where you'd be reminded by everyone of your foolish choices before burning in the underworld for your sins?"

Marithe's mind was soon full of memories of his first five years of his life sentence in prison as Matt, him remembering being beaten senselessly by the guards and hearing the other prisoners read excerpts from Thierry's memoir. The memories soon shifted to visions of a different future where Marithe was in the underworld screaming as fire burned his body while his mortal body was being placed in a wooden coffin before being transported to the prison cemetery where only a cross would become his headstone. "No," Marithe breathed.

"Exactly," Amalia said softly. "My sister and I believe that you can have this second chance where you, Lachlan, and the Nguyen twins would be happy together. You four can fully thrive while Thierry gives you blessings of prosperity. Why fight your fate for something that can never be yours?"

"What if things don't work out?" Marithe whimpered as his memories were being rewired while his body was being fully being reformatted into the perfect Omega male merman. "What if something happens before-"

"Life's full of chances, Marithe," Druscilla cut him off. "All we can do is make better choices and learn to adapt."

Marithe only whimpered and nodded twice as if to say that he understood. "I...accept the choices of being an Omega," he said. "Let it be according to your will."

The goddesses smiled widely. "All will be well," they intoned, clapping their hands three times. "May it be so."

That was the last thing Marithe heard before he let the powers from the potion began to make him into his new fated self. And as the darkness began to take him under, he felt the gentle hands of the Moon Goddess caress his head before a kiss was placed on his forehead.

And from there, the Alpha auras of Marithe Deinos were now replaced with that of an Omega.

How do you like those egg rolls, folks?!

Don't go anywhere because Marithe wakes up and feels more in tune with his Omega personality, which is in the next chapter! Don't miss it!

Dedicating this chapter to AIWriteLove and BlackStoriesUnite. Media: "The Thrill of it All" by Sam Smith.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!