17. Her Battles

*24 hours earlier*

"Hello? I sent him with Felix. Now do as you promised and send me a ride to Seoul."

   Minho ordered over the phone as he stood in front of the empty medic room at the Seolto stadium.

"What do you mean I should've gotten in the helicopter with him? I'm not that shallow. And aren't you rivals with his dad?" He argued.

"Okay listen, I don't have enough time for this chat ok, I gotta evacuate quickly. Just send someone over." Minho sighed and hung up.

    He shoved his phone into his pants pocket and pulled out a gun. He was already holding his gun in his left hand, emptied freshly due to the zombies' attack. And Y/n's gun, now in his left hand, was also empty because of the same reason.

'I hope you're safe...'

"Not so soon." Minho's eyes widened as he heard a voice behind him.

"Drop the guns and put your hands up." Jeongin ordered.

"Why would I?" Minho pointed his gun at him.

"I know those are empty dude I saw you shoot zombies out there!" Jeongin stated.

"Kid, let's talk this out." Minho threw both the guns down on the floor and raised his hands in submission.

"Take me to Seoul with you!" Jeongin demanded with his finger on the trigger and the muzzle pointed straight towards Minho.

"Trust me you do not wanna go there." Minho tried to move closer.

"Don't move!" Jeongin yelled pointing his gun at Minho's feet.

"Fine! I'll take you there! Okay? If you don't let me move now, both of us will die right here!" Minho screamed at him as the sound of helicopters and roaring zombies became louder and louder.

"Turn around and walk!" Jeongin pushed Minho's arm.

"Ugh, bloddy school kids..." Minho sighed under his breath.

- - -

*24 hours later*

"I refuse." Y/n said blankly.

She put the equipment down on the table and started to walk away.

"Just 1 hour..." Chan pled staring at her back not expecting a reply.

"..." Y/n stayed silent.

"There's a party in the house at 8 tonight. I hope you'll come." Chan mumbled.

"I have no business attending." Y/n said.

"You're here till tomorrow anyway, I'd... want you to come." Chan said in a hushed tone.

"Don't waste your time on me, Chan." Y/n walked away without turning her back.

"Please don't say you've developed feelings for me."

'What if I say I have? Would you still leave?'

"Please don't say you've developed feelings for me."

'Why wouldn't I?'

"Please don't say you've developed feelings for me."

'Can't you...?'

    Chan's head played Y/n's words over and over again like a broken radio until he felt like it had burdened himself enough to let it go. Until his heart could accept that she would never reciprocate his feelings.

- - -

"Ughh, I hate these parties..."

    Miyeon sighed and rolled her eyes as she took a sip from her wine glass for the nth time, staring at people around her having the usual baseless conversations. Dressed in a gorgeous black outfit she had possession of the title of 'The Heiress' quite well. But judging by the look in her eyes one could tell, she was somewhere between sober and drunk.

    The night was glamoured away with huge chandeliers and fancy decor at S Plaza. The party was celebrating Chan's father Mr Bang Hyungsik winning the position of an assemblyman by PR seat. Naturally, all the important figures of government were invited, along with Mr Park and his daughter.

"You're just gonna sit here the whole night?" Seojun, Mr Bang's assistant, walked up to the bar's counter where she was sitting.

"What else am I supposed to do? Mourn?" Miyeon glared at him.

"Hm, perhaps that would be right since your father lost," Seojun said in a derisive tone.

"Watch where your words are going little dog." Miyeon spat at him.

"Why don't you just get rid of them?" Seojun took a sip of the champagne.

"Why don't you just mind your business?" Miyeon uttered as her eyes fell on someone walking in the hall, gaining all the attention of everyone present.

"So he's an assemblyman's son now?" Miyeon glared at Chan.

"I mean he's got luck. Dude survived a week out in that chaos." Seojun commented.

"Was it because of that woman?" Miyeon bit the tip of her thumbnail.

"Ah, So you know something about her?" Seojun asked.

"No, the bich won't talk," Miyeon said while intensely staring in Chan's direction as he greeted the guests with a smile on his face.

"That's rough..." Seojun turned around and waved at Chan.

Chan walked towards them after a glance around.

"Hey... Miyeon." He uttered as he took a seat beside her.

   Miyeon immediately softened her expression and put on a stretched version of a smile, also making her eyes light up.

"I don't see your guest around is she not coming?" She asked in a cheery tone.

"Uh no, she's— not..." Chan trailed off.

"I'll give you two some space." Seojun said as he got up with his glass and walked away into the crowd.

   Miyeon's spectral smile got even odd as she moved her face close to Chan's ear, wrapping her fingers around his coat's collar like a vine. She let out a quiet laugh in his ear.

"I told you to clear the mess you've created while I was gone, and now you've got a partner with you in that mess." She whispered.

    Chan took a deep breath as he looked around the hall to see if someone had their eyes on them. And when he was sure no one was watching them in their awkward position, he prepared to speak.

"I don't know what you talked to her about, but let me make this clear..."

"I'm not gonna marry you. Even if she rejects me." He stated.

"Hahaha... Don't worry hon, you're not gonna be alive for that." Miyeon chuckled as she wrapped both of her arms around Chan's neck.

"No matter who kills you or your daughter, I'll be the one to finish that bich," Miyeon said tracing Chan's face with her finger.

Chan grabbed Miyeon by her waist tightly, pulling her close, almost making her fall off her seat.

"You seriously think that? Even if I'm not there to protect her, no– even if she's down to the worst with nobody on her side..."

"I'm confident, she'll beat you in a second. You've never even seen the battles she has fought." Chan stated in a firm tone beside her ear and quickly let go of her.

    Miyeon crossed her brows as Chan marched away without looking back at her. Miyeon turned back around to the bar counter, took a sip of her wine and adjusted free strands of her hair before she suddenly smashed the wineglass on the table.

'Die! Die die die die die die! Die a million deaths both of you!' 

   She mentally screamed as her face, once again lit up with a smile. Only this time it was a much more menacing one.

TO BE CONTINUED...