19. Lucid Dreams

"Are you going to look for Minho?" Chan asked, staring at the sky.

"I'll try." Y/n replied after a deep breath of salty air filled her lungs.

"Do you think he made it out from there?" He asked, looking at her.

"He's tough, moreover, he's a smartass not to die in a place like that," Y/n said fidgeting with the sand on which they both were lying.

"Y/n... please stay alive..." Chan mumbled in a soft tone.

   Y/n turned her head to him lying on her right.

"I'll try." She said in a whisper, looking into his eyes.

    A wave of silence crashed the shore along with the gentle breezes of rocking winds. The ocean was astoundingly quiet that night. Perhaps it was displaying a human's heart. 

"Remember that time..." Chan started.

"At the convenience store, we were getting food and when it was time to escape, you just pushed all the aisles creating a domino and just ran out."

"Although you planned to create a distraction by me. Why did you do that?" He asked.

"...When I said,"

"I'm not made for staying here, with all these rich people." Y/n whispered after a pause

"I guess... I— couldn't have you shooting a gun when you never did before. Like 'you' were never made for it." She answered.

"So you think I'm that dumb?" Chan scoffed.

"No, you're..." Y/n moved closer to him lying on her stomach to look at Chan's face better.

"You're a gentle soul... I don't think you can ever hurt anyone." She softly spoke.

"And why do you think that?" Chan asked, already lost in the sight of Y/n's eyes.

"I dunno, since you've got a child?" Y/n replied.

"What about you then?" Chan asked.

"I'm just Y/n." Y/n raised her shoulders.

"No... You're not just Y/n. You're beautiful, strong and... breathtaking Y/n." Chan said with a toothy smile on his face.

"Wow, that's a bit much. I don't take compliments." Y/n said laying back down and facing the sky.

"Marvelous." Chan teased.

"Stop." Y/n stated.

"Glorious!"

"I said stop."

"Magnificent!"

"I'll run you over."

- - -

"You're enjoying this party a lot." Mr Bang said as he walked into one of the rooms with a group of people.

"Well, I could see an improvement in the venue but it's not like everyone has taste." Mr Park replied as he sipped his drink.

"I don't see a problem with that, some people are born with complaints." Mr Bang commented and sat with all his guests at the round table.

"Mr Jinhyung Park, meet the new company officials I have appointed after the tragic incident at the Gimpo mansion. Sadly all 7 investors, shareholders and officials have died in that incident except one." Mr Bang glared at Mr Park.

"Pleased to meet you." Mr Park greeted.

"Let's discuss our new shares." The old man stated.

"Since Chan my son is soon going to be wed to Mr Park's daughter, I have decided to keep the shares inclined towards our company and—" Mr Bang was interrupted by a fist banging on to the table.

"And why... Did you decide that?" Mr Park gleamingly asked.

"I am only being reasonable and the election has taken a lot of our investments into the campaigning. You handled your campaigning charges with the company's fortunes as well right?"

"So it's natural you need to cover your expenses this year. And your company hasn't been making much profit since the pandemic." Mr Bang stated.

"So you'll make me pay for your win?! And the round table members were from my side as well. Why did you not let me choose my people in this?!" Mr Park yelled.

"I have stated my reasons." The old man calmly answered.

"I'll make sure you'll eat your words, old man." Mr Park stood up.

   He fumed as he threw the glass he was holding on the ground resulting in it breaking with a loud crashing noise. And stormed out of the room with his guards.

"Have a good night." Mr Bang said.

"Minho!" Mr Park called as he marched outside the room into the party hall.

Minho carefully strode up to him sensing danger with his tone and course of action.

"Where is Chan?!" Mr Park ground his teeth as he glared at Minho for an answer.

"He's not here," Minho replied as he shook his head.

"Then find him right now!"

"I want him dead before morning!" Mr Park growled.

- - -

"Chan!"

"Hey! Let's go play basketball!" A voice called from a distance.

"Felix?" Chan opened his eyes.

He looked around to see that he was asleep on a bench.

"Let's go, come on!" Felix cheerfully pulled Chan's arm.

"Are we in a school?" Chan mumbled as he looked around.

"Nope, we're in jail if you look closely." Felix chuckled as he hopped happily in front of Chan wearing a school uniform.

   He looked to his left and realized it was a summer afternoon in a small lane surrounded by trees.

'I guess this is a dream...'

"Are we here?" Chan asked as they halted in front of the basketball court outside the school campus.

"Yeah, but someone's playing already. Oi!" Felix called them.

'I've never been to his place...'

   Suddenly a ball flew at Chan hitting his head and making him fall on his back.

"Shit! Did it hurt?!" Felix asked frantically.

"Uhh... no." Chan replied as he tried to get up but couldn't.

"I can't... I can't get up." Chan said as he looked up but Felix was gone already.

"Felix?" He called.

   Chan tried again to get up but his body weighed 1000 pounds. With his vision slowly turning dark, he struggled to wake up.

"Do you feel any pain? Chan?" A deep voice called making shivers run down his spine.

    And suddenly, he was being choked against a greasy black wall. The summer afternoon had disappeared like it never existed, turning the foreground into a dark, slimy, greasy void.

"Ukh–hh Sto–pp!"

"DO YOU FEEL THE PAIN OR NOT?!" The shrilling voice asked.

'I can't... this is a dream...'

"N–No... no!" Chan answered

The next moment, he was released from the choke hold.

"I don't... I don't feel anything..."

'I need to wake up!'

"I don't feel any pain..."

'Wake upp!'

"WAKE UP!"

TO BE CONTINUED...