16. Fate Of the World

"Can I?"

"No."

"Stepsis..." Felix tried to interrupt the ladies' staring contest, from behind a table which had refreshments and instruments.

"Why?" She tilted her head ignoring Felix.

"I'm no entertainer," Y/n said blankly.

"Oh, then what are you, and why're you here?" The woman asked crossing her arms.

"Y/n."

"Is that it? I asked what you are doing here? Care to elaborate?" She questioned in a strict tone.

"I could ask you the same. Who are you and why are you here?" Y/n crossed her arms over her chest as well.

'Ugh... why am I here...' Felix rolled his eyes and grabbed a bottle of wine from the table.

"Fine, my name's Park Miyeon and I'm Chan's fiancee." She stated as she moved her face closer again.

"Your turn now, who're you?" Miyeon asked.

"I'm still Y/n." Y/n answered mockingly.

Miyeon chuckled with a ridiculous laugh and sighed with the broad smile returning to her face.

"Okay, Y/n, you look like a toddler in your 'outfit', I shouldn't have bothered you with questions. You're clearly someone 'issues'. Have a great day." Miyeon turned around.

"You take a lot of interest in people's clothes I guess." Y/n scorned.

Miyeon walked towards her assistant without paying attention to her words.

"It's a shame you couldn't recognise your fiance's clothes." Y/n remarked.

   Miyeon's mouth fell agape as she turned around slowly with her brows engaged in a frown. Y/n picked the rifle back up and started loading it up.

"What'd you just say?" Miyeon asked.

"You heard it." Y/n said as she put on the headphones again.

"Felix?!" Miyeon called loudly.

'I am dead.' Felix thought as he almost choked on his drink.

- - -

"His vitals doing good and overall he's like a normal human, doctor." A junior said.

"The incident was years ago, there must be barely any viral DNA left inside his body without an enhancing medium." Seungmin stated, looking at a bed from a glass window.

"But how did he stay alive without the enhancer?" Jisung asked.

"Well he lost the virus's initial DNA but there must be some left bound to his 'own' genetic material. And every time it multiplied, it replicated the viral DNA in some form as well." Seungmin answered looking at Chan's unconscious for on the solitary bed.

"And if we give him the enhancer now... we can extract a new form of symbiotic mutation of the virus." He said.

"And we can make the 'cure' with it." Jisung mumbled under his breath.

"Although, that's just a theory..." Seungmin sighed. [a game theory:) ]

"It's still fascinating to think." Jisung admired.

"Doctor Han, get the blood samples for the tests and continue to monitor till he's conscious." Seungmin said as he walked out of the lab.

"Yes."

   Jisung stared at the man through the glass reflecting a dull version of his own image due to the bright fluorescent lights and metallic surroundings of the lab. He crossed his arms over his chest and sighed.