10. Closer To The Tide

"Salvation can mean a spectrum to anyone with humanity. But only true salvation comes from within one's deepest cries for help. From someone who truly wants to change."

"And with salvation, comes forgiveness for all you have done is sin."

*yawn*

"So walk towards the eternal life, walk towards God and free yourself of evil and be saved by the hands of God for only he, is eternal, supreme and he created and preserves all beings."

"Oi grandpa, can you just stop the yapping now?" Jeongin said annoyed.

"Why?" The old preacher asked.

"I'm tryna sleep here dude! And you have been preaching to your dumb group since what? Like 5 days!" Jeongin scolded.

"Kid, don't you see the situation we're in? It is a sign! A sign that the end is near and we need to repent for our sins!" The old man grunted in his husky voice.

"Yeah? Well, I'll do it in a different corner then." Jeongin got up and walked through the rows of seats.

*yawn*

"Tch, what a lame ass place is this..." He mumbled.

'I wanna get out of here soon...' Jeongin thought as he looked up to the sky to several helicopters circling the rescue camp.

'I wonder what all that is about.'

- - -

*1 Month ago*

   Chan sat in a huge, whitewashed room. And like his other spaces lacking body; unfurnished with just a square white bed, a large window with dark curtains, a little side table and a lamp. The marble floor perfectly reflected the white within the room and made it look hauntingly large.

Chan sat in his bed with his eyes closed.

   He could hear faint whispers coming from outside his door which echoed in his room quite conveniently. Some of his house staff were discussing his recent disappearance and the annoyance it caused these servants.

"I think he was with another woman. Has to be! Or where do you think anyone can spend 2 weeks with no money and no phone."

"That's possible. But I wonder who his other girl is?"

"Oh I'd be hiding under the carpet if I was her. Don't you know who his fiance is?"

"It's the Psycho heiress."

"The girl from his uncle's family? Oh my, now that's some hot tea..."

"Servants!"

   With that it was silent and it seemed like they all rushed somewhere away from Chan's room. He heaved a sigh and continued to stare at blank spaces as he sat motionless. But soon after, he was disturbed by a knock on his door.

"Come in." Chan called in a very mild tone.

   The door opened to a tall woman wearing a black lace dress with her head covered by a beret and face quite heavily covered with makeup. Her long raven hair was brushed down and her eyes were covered with a pair of sunglasses.

   Clacks of her 8cm long heels echoed like loud crashes on the smooth marble floor. She halted in front of the bed and took a seat beside Chan.

"You look like you're at a funeral." He muttered.

"I'm always dressed for the occasion." The woman replied in a cocky manner.