20. Someone Named Y/n

Chan opened his eyes with a flash as his breath heavily gushed out of his lungs making him realize the reality around him. He took a moment to let the breaking dawn in the earliest of morning sink into his consciousness.

    He looked to his side where Y/n was sleeping the previous night on the sand and what he was expecting to see. His hand reached out to the cold sand that filled the emptiness of her spot.

    That was when he realized he was holding something in his hand. He opened the fist to find a Military name tag with Y/n's name on it. He sat up and clutched it tightly in his hand.

'So you did leave... without a word...'

"Chan." A familiar voice called out to him before he looked behind.

"Felix?" Chan stood up and walked closer to him.

"Your face... Why are you injured? What happ–" Chan was cut off by Felix taking a few steps back.

"Do–n't come close... please." Felix uttered in a shaky voice.

"What happened at the party?" Chan felt a restless twist in his gut.

"Chan, I'm sorry... I'm—I'm so sorry but..." Felix blurred.

"Felix... Is Haley okay?" Chan asked.

"She'll be— fine. But you... you have to g–go." Felix pointed a gun at Chan.

    Chan stared at him for a second and gulped the lump in his throat as a shaky breath left his lips. Reading the situation, he knew the time had arrived for him which he dreaded the most. He knew Felix was being forced to do it, from the beginning. But...

"What better way to end your life by a friend than by an enemy, right?" Chan mumbled in a breathy tone.

"Please... don't—don't say anything..." Felix spoke as a tear rolled down his eyes.

"Okay..." Chan closed his eyes as he stood motionless.

On the other hand,

    Felix was shaking out of his bones to the point of dropping the gun even after using both hands to hold it. His breath felt like loads of weight on his chest and his throat felt like knives were stabbing it.

"Should I help you?" A voice struck their ears.

"You look like you need some help," Miyeon smirked at Felix as she supported his hands holding the gun.

"Let go!" Felix snatched his hands.

"I was just being nice. And it's my dear fiance who is being sent to hell after all, I have to participate." She said glaring at Chan.

"I don't hold anything against you Miyeon... but I know my best friend won't let me die by your hands." Chan spoke calmly.

"Hmm, very spine-touching. Finish him off, you don't have much time."

    Miyeon stated as she took a few steps away from them, putting on her sunglasses while staring at the rising sun.

"Don't go after Y/n please..." Chan said as he looked at Miyeon and then towards Felix.

"Shoot him Felix!" Miyeon yelled.

    Hitched breaths got heavier and heavier for Felix. As he closed his eyes, he remembered what Chan had said a few days ago.

"I said shoot!"

"If you know you're walking right into the trap your father laid out for you... You'd still want me to protect that woman?"

"Yes."

"Do it!-–"

*bang*

The ocean waves crashed into the distance, creating a loud ringing in Felix's ears.

Did he open his eyes before he shot that bullet?

Was his aim so accurate to land in Chan's chest?

With those shaking hands?

Or did Chan deliberately walk in front of it...?

   His eyes were open. He was bleeding out of the hole in his chest. He was coughing up blood and breathing desperately. He was probably in a lot of pain but couldn't even scream about it.

   Felix fell on his knees dropping the gun from his hands. One of which travelled to the blood-stained sand by the side of Chan's bleeding body, transferring the red on his fingers. Like a snake, the droplets travelled to his palm as he lifted it to his eyesight.

"Ch–Chan..." Felix muttered.

"Do-Don't–t feel bad–d dammit..." Chan breathed.

"No... no... no." Felix blabbered as his eyes shot out of their shape dripping out water like a stream.

"What is he not dead yet?" Miyeon walked up to them on the ground.

   She picked up the gun beside Chan and pointed at him.

"Stop!" Felix screamed.

*bang*

"I said stop it!" Felix pushed her off to the side.

   Minho rushed at them quickly and held Miyeon back.

"Don't you dare touch me focker!" She cursed and brushed him off.

"Don't be bloody foolish! Let him focking go!" Minho screamed.

   Miyeon grabbed Minho by the collar, almost choking him.

"Cry about it and end up like him." She said grinding her teeth.

"Throw him in the water! And get in the car!" She pushed Minho away and ordered frustratedly as she walked towards her car curbed on the beachside.

"Chan!" Felix cried.

"He's gone... Felix." Minho said as he looked at him and then at Chan's mobile which he found in his car.

I was carrying the name tag because I was thinking of handing it to you if I leave at midnight, soon after putting Haley to sleep.

But you got us here instead, and seeing you sleeping like that I didn't wanna wake you up.

I was gonna leave without a word anyway so I decided not to.

But, I am leaving his note in your phone to let you know that; you do have someone who wants you to get back home.

Don't wander your pain away Chan.

I hope you find a reason not to run away from your problems.

Because I know I found my bright side and I'll always remind myself of you.

When I'm at work, when the night falls and when I close my eyes.

Bang Christopher Chan, wait for me.

I'll come get you, soon.

-Someone named Y/n.

---PART 1 THE END---