2. Unfurling

Media and the internet are in an uproar due to a peculiar disease that started spreading in the towns and slums of Gimpo. A nationwide pandemic of 90 days advised by the World Health Organization is forced into action and citizens are being quarantined in their homes. The number of infected is increasing rapidly as we speak hence, citizens are advised to follow the rules of social distancing and in case of contact with an infected person, immediately seek medical attention.

    The television at the S Plaza echoed into the partly empty room with minimal furniture consisting of a sofa and a table. Accompanied by this was a clack of footsteps on the polished marble floor which reflected the afternoon sun creating a glaze-like appearance on the floor. The footsteps came to a halt in front of the TV.

"This seems serious huh..." Felix said as he stared at the TV baffled.

The victims appear to be having flu-like symptoms

Fever

Headache and anxiety

Sore throat and cough...

"Hey Chan, you think you're gonna be okay today?" He asked in a mocking tone.

    A door adjacent to the television clicked open to reveal Chan in a bathrobe who had just finished showering.

Then follows a neurologic period

Aggression

Convulsions

Hypersalivation

Hallucinations

Paralysis

Hyperventilation

"Yeah, I'll be fine..." Chan said as he walked to the sofa and flopped onto it.

"Besides, the meeting's really important. I have to be there."

The final stage of a coma leading to death is yet to be seen.

    Felix turned to him wearing a worried expression and fidgeted with his neck a little. A minute later he heaved a breath and decided just to go ahead and ask the question he had been wanting to ask.

"Can I-"

"No." Chan interrupted him.

Prevention of this vicious disease is advisably the best way to stay healthy as the Vaccine is currently being processed and tested and will be soon released for public usage. Till then being ware is better than being sorry.

"Why? Don't you see how dangerous this is?" Felix argued.

"Yes, I know and that's exactly why I need you to stay back." Chan stood up.

"Come on man, I'm your friend! And before that, I'm your bodyguard!" Felix said as he took a few steps closer to Chan.

Paramedics and health care professionals are in a frenzy as diagnosing the so-called LSBE syndrome takes hoards of people to hospital beds. The estimated diagnoses all around the nation till now are said to be around 26,695 making it the fastest-spreading disease in the world currently.

Chan heaved a sigh and placed a hand on Felix's shoulder.

"I know, but trust me, I can do this," Chan said.

"Hey, I'm not talking about the pandemic... I'm talking about the people you're going to meet. You know they all have joined hands, right? They'll not just sit quietly there! They could do something horrible and I'm sure they're already planning it! That's why they invited you along with your daughter!" Felix said in a panic.