Chapter 69: Healing

Manvi sat quietly in her room, her thoughts drifting back to conversations and moments that had unfolded over time. She remembered the stories, shared in fragments over the years, of the hardships Aarav had endured at the hands of Maya and Sumitra. Their actions had caused deep wounds and he became ruthless.

In the face of betrayal and adversity, Aarav had shielded Khushi from the harsh truths of his past, choosing instead to nurture her with love and compassion. He had shown her that despite the pain inflicted upon him, he could give a deserving life to his daughter.

Manvi's respect for Aarav deepened as she realized the magnitude of his sacrifice the silent battles he fought to protect his daughter's innocence and preserve her faith in humanity. 

The atmosphere in Manvi's room turned tense as Dhruv, her estranged husband, confronted her with his intrusive presence. His words cut through the air with an unsettling edge, revealing a disdainful disregard for her personal space and boundaries.

"Manvi, aajkal tum hospital ke bahut chakkar kaat rahi ho!" Dhruv's voice was laced with accusation and a hint of mockery, his eyes cold and calculating as they bore into hers.

Manvi, already weary from her own thoughts and the weight of recent memories, sighed deeply in response. Her voice carried a mix of frustration and resignation as she replied, "Tumhe usse kya, Dhruv? Aur tum mere kamre mein kar kya rahe ho! Just leave!" Her words were tinged with a sharpness born from years of pent-up anguish and disappointment.

But Dhruv, undeterred by her dismissal, moved closer, invading her personal space with an arrogance that made her skin crawl. She instinctively stepped back, a gesture of defiance against the man who had brought her more pain than solace throughout their marriage.

"Pati hun tumhara... Haq hai tumpar," Dhruv asserted with a twisted smirk, his entitlement to her presence and attention oozing from every word. But Manvi, fueled by a newfound strength and determination, pushed him away with a force that surprised even herself. "Koi haq nahi hai tumhara mujhpe samjhe tum!" Her voice trembled with a mixture of anger and fear, her eyes blazing with defiance.

Dhruv's smirk widened, a cruel glint in his eyes as he sneered, "Haq jatana aata hai mujhe." His words hung in the air like a threat, the underlying meaning clear to both of them. But Manvi refused to be intimidated or coerced into submission.

Attempting to break free from his grasp, she moved towards the door, her heart racing with a mixture of adrenaline and dread. Yet Dhruv, fueled by his own sense of entitlement and control, refused to let her go so easily. He grabbed her hand forcefully, pulling her back towards the bed with a strength that left her feeling powerless.

"Biwiji... Bahut waqt ho gaya," Dhruv murmured in a sinister tone, his intent unmistakable as he loomed over her, his weight pressing down on her fragile resistance.

Manvi's voice cracked with desperation as she shouted, "Dhruv, stay away!" Her eyes squeezed shut in a futile attempt to block out the impending violation, her body tensing against his unwanted advances.

In that harrowing moment, fear and revulsion mingled within her, but so too did a fierce resolve to reclaim her dignity and autonomy. The room seemed to close in around them, the air thick with the suffocating presence of a man she once trusted, now turned predator.

Manvi's heart pounded with a mixture of rage and terror as she braced herself against Dhruv's unwanted advances, determined to withstand this assault on her spirit and reclaim her right to safety and self-respect. 

Manvi's desperation turned into a fierce determination as she pushed Dhruv away with all her strength, her hands trembling with anger and fear. The room seemed to shrink around them, suffused with tension and the echoes of their tumultuous history.