Chapter 25

All too soon, the Shadow King loosened his embrace, pulling back with a tender smile that chased away Jack's fear of a confrontation, instead replacing it with that earlier confusion that left him puzzled over Black's true intentions and character.

"What shall we do after lunch?" the demon asked softly as he released him and went back to sit down on the other side of the table to keep eating, as if nothing had happened.

Jack let out a breath of relief as he sat down as well. Black hadn't noticed anything; he still believed Jack was under a spell, so he was safe for now, but what would happen later? What was he supposed to do? Should he truly stay there and keep pretending? But what if Black wanted to kiss him again?
That was definitely not something Jack ever wanted to do again. No, absolutely not because it had been awful, and Black was the last person he ever wanted to kiss again. Right...?

Mesmerized, Jack stared at the eating demon, unable to look away from those perfect, thin, grey lips. Yes, it had been absolutely awful to kiss him... Simply terrible... Awful in every way... Completely not amazing...

"Jack?" the Shadow King called his attention, giving him a curious, amused look. "Any plans for after lunch?"

Jack cleared his throat, tearing his eyes away. "Y-yeah, right! What do you want to do?" he asked as casually and cheerfully as he could. He would stick to his original plan and stay for three days until the potion supposedly wore off so that he could get to know his enemy better; he would learn all his weaknesses so that once this nightmare was over, they could defeat him once more.
And the fact that he would have to be kissing him all the time was simply a sacrifice he would have to make for the greater good, no matter how awful it would be.

"I could show you around the island, if you'd like. There's a few freshwater lagoons we can visit." Black gave him another one of those gentle smiles that made it impossible for Jack to look away.

"Yeah, that sounds great," he said distractedly while he ate, barely being able to taste the delicious food. What if Black would force him to have sex again though?

Somewhere in the background, he absently heard Black talking about the island; about birds, plants, lakes, and a bunch of other things Jack wasn't able to pay attention to because his mind was overflowing with memories of that night he had been intimate with the Shadow King. The night in which he had so shamelessly thrown himself at him and Black had taken full advantage of his cursed state. What if the Nightmare King wanted that again...? What if, once night came around, he expected Jack to do the same he had done last time?

Jack forced down the last mouthful of food, finally having cleared his plate. What if it would happen like that again? Would he allow Black to rape him again?
Except that wasn't what Black had done; Black had just been lying there while Jack had been the one to have sex with him.
But it had still been his fault because Jack been poisoned, and Black should have stopped him.
Which he had, but Jack had kept on pushing him over and over until he had eventually given in...
Which was something he would most certainly never ever do again because it had been absolutely horrible and definitely not the most amazing experience of his life, but what if that was what the Shadow King would be expecting now too? After all, he had poisoned Jack on purpose, which meant he wanted exactly what had happened last time; he wanted Jack to be a horny slave who wouldn't refuse any of his perverted sexual demands, ready and willing whenever the King of Darkness wanted to take him.
Which could be at any time. Even in that very moment. Right here and now the silver demon could bend him over the table to have his wicked way with him, and Jack would have to comply so as to not be discovered.

~*~

"Shall we then?" Pitch asked once they had both finished their lunch, during which Jack hadn't uttered a single word.