Chapter 25 - Risky Decisions

The following days consisted of constant traveling to other towns and cities to catch some good villains. You'd learned a lot within the span of the past few days and also encountered more villains than you'd anticipated. Only a few times Hawks stepped in and wrapped up the battles against the villains when you, Tokoyami, and Sully couldn't exactly handle it.

Some villains were definitely stronger than others—and there was one in specific that you couldn't get your mind off of.

Except, she'd gotten away before you could even lay a finger on her. She had bright golden yellow eyes with thin slit-like irises, somewhat resembling those of a cat. Her teeth resembled those of a feline, her canines were pointed and longer than the rest of her teeth, giving her a vampiric appearance.

The clothes she wore almost looked like a school uniform, but in her hands she held knives. All you remembered was she attempted to charge at you from behind with one of the knives and needles she held with a cord. Her smile was almost sinister, giving her a torturous look through your eyes.

Though you managed to dodge her attack, you'd run back to Sully, Tokoyami, and Hawks after you realized she'd disappeared in plain sight once you tried to use your quirk on her. You couldn't get that devilish smile she had smeared all over her face, and the way her eyes lit up when she'd charged at you with her weapons.

It felt like a daydream turned into a complete nightmare. You tried to brush off the thought of her, but it was clear she'd escaped from the other villains that Sully and Tokoyami were fighting, which resulted in Hawks having to step in and getting quite beat up himself before managing to have them arrested by the police and taken back to Tartarus, which was one of the most highly secured villain prisons set on a whole other island to keep them from escaping.

It seemed like those two other villains were higher-class ranked ones, so it was no wonder why Hawks was having trouble with them. You figured the feline-appearing girl who you'd encountered was a part of that villain attack, but she'd managed to get away. Even Sully had mentioned seeing that same girl you described at first but had left at some point.

Something about her was enticing, and evil. You couldn't exactly put it into words, but in that short time you'd been with her, there was no doubt that she was a villain with bad intentions.

That same day, an incident in Hosu City had occurred with Iida and another villain, and it turned out that his brother Ingenium, had been hospitalized from that villain. You didn't know much, so relying on the rest of your classmates back in Tokyo was the only option for now.

You worried for Iida, especially since the last thing that was mentioned about him by one of your classmates was how upset he was with the villain and that he wanted to go out of his way to fight the villain himself. You knew your class was quite reckless, and would do anything in their power to fight for their friends or family.

You understood how Iida felt, but you also didn't want him to get injured—or even worse, killed. His anger was valid, you couldn't imagine if someone did that to someone you loved.

It made you think of your mother—who was killed by a villain herself.

You knew how dangerous these people could be, and the extent they would go to to perish the Hero population. It made you sick to your stomach knowing that the villain that murdered your mother was most likely still walking free out there, somewhere.

All you could think about was how Iida's pain was most likely affecting him, and how it could really alter his mindset into something entirely different than that of a Hero. The feelings of agony could certainly lead to revenge, and whatever that revenge might be, it could be dangerous.