Chapter - 75 Promises and Birth

Fun fact the moment this is posted I will be going to the airport(in a few hours) because I am changing countries! So yeah, if something bad happens to me you won't see what happens next chapter. This way we can all suffer together! (Evil laughter!)

...........

Rimuru marched to Lilith's side of the facility, Alset, with Jahil in tow, walking a distance behind the furious Rimuru.

Seeing Lilith welding a machine that neither he nor Jahil could understand, she stood up from the floor and walked toward them. "Yo Chief! What can I do for you?" she asked, noticing Jahil sweating bullets behind Rimuru.

"I heard you were supposed to report to me about stuff missing in Advansa," Rimuru stated, his tone calm but laced with anger. Lilith quickly picked up on it and answered as best she could. "Missing? I don't know about some stuff missing here in Alset, maybe in Darwin."

Confused, she turned to her bracelet, tapped on a bead, and a hologram floated above her open palm. Swiping through it and scanning her inventories and armories, she muttered, "Hm... Shit, there are some things missing here."

Rimuru's anger intensified. "Didn't Jahil mention this to you? He told me you said you'd do the reporting so he wouldn't have to." he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Hey Chief, this is the first I'm hearing of that. In fact, this is the first I'm noticing anything missing from my own things!" Lilith countered, genuinely worried about what else was stolen.

"Hey Lilith, the gnome I set up for you should have told you everything," Jahil mentioned, trying to jog Lilith's memory. "This only happens because you mute everything, zoning out and not wanting to be interrupted." He blamed her habits, pointing out the isolation room in Lilith's section of Advansa where everything is blocked, from technological to magical interference.

"Don't blame this on me! It was your gnome spouting random nonsense!" she shouted back.

As the two continued to blame each other, Rimuru massaged his temple. The fact remained: some things in Advansa were missing. The perpetrator was either one of these two or a third party altogether, suggesting a traitor or infiltrator in Citadel.

"Lilith, tell me what's missing in your sector. You too, Jahil. Mention the most valuable and dangerous ones first, then write the rest in a report and upload it to my office." The two nodded, browsing their lists. Lilith used her bracelet, while Jahil preferred a tablet.

Jahil raised his hand first. "High human DNA and a manual on how to make them. The rest are basic experimental tools and dissection instruments, including an old version of the chambers I used."

Lilith was shocked. "For me... there's this DNA I brought from my world, Lunarian DNA. I mentioned it before, how they were an extinct race but I managed to make clones. Luckily, the weapons aren't missing—the dangerous ones are sealed, even from me. Some of my journals are missing too, but they were more like diaries. The rest are basic equipment and tools."

Rimuru would have fainted if he weren't a demon. "So let me get this straight: high human DNA and Lunarian DNA are both missing, along with tools on how to make them. Is that right?" He held his hand to his temple.

Both scientists paled at Rimuru's words.

"We have someone in Citadel. Jahil, take that gnome to Ultima immediately. Lilith, check all surveillance and get help from the Cherubs and Holy Angels on the records of who entered and left Citadel for the past decade!"

.....

Veldanava and Lucia immersed themselves in the lively five-day festival held in the vibrant city they visited. The streets were alive with music, laughter, and the tantalizing aroma of street food. They danced, mingled with joyous citizens, and even joined in local games.