Chapter 80 - Recollection 1

A/N: so this flashback is just my interpretation of what happened on the past timeline. You can disagree with it because we don't really have much to go on to. I skimmed through the novel with as much info as I can find like who died, who met, who fought.

Ah...

I remember everything clearly now...

Those days...

My comrades...

My regrets...

Raphael...

I remember them all.

Five children could be seen crying as I was about to leave. They tried to act tough, but it was all in vain as they all hugged me tightly.

"Take care of them," I smiled, looking towards Yuuki. He should be able to care for the children until they have grown up and can stand on their own.

"I will, you can count on me, Rimuru-san." Yuuki smiled back. We had already discussed letting the children stay at the academy until they graduated and giving them IDs from the Freedom Association if they wished to join.

I finally let go of the hug and walked toward Ranga, who was waiting near the entrance.

"Sensei!" I turned and was hit by Chloe, who was hugging me tightly. The others came closer as well. I patted her head, feeling a pang of sadness. I'll miss them all.

"Jeez, Chloe, you're such a crybaby," Kenya said, though he was crying as well.

"Sensei... Sensei..." Chloe pushed her head deeper into my chest. This lasted for a few minutes until she finally let go, and the others said their goodbyes to Yuuki.

Originally, I wanted to get a bit further away before using transportation magic. However, since we were near the city, it took longer to say goodbye to the children.

"Ranga, let's go right here," I said, patting Ranga, who looked at me with concern.

"Rimuru-sama, isn't it dangerous?" he asked, echoing my own worry that we might be seen on our way to Tempest.

"That's true, but we're a bit off schedule."

"Understood, Rimuru-sama." Ranga followed my order. I smiled and activated spatial motion.

<<Report. Impossible to specify a target location. The cause is believed to be some kind of barrier isolating the area.>>

Barrier? What's this about a barrier? Hey Great Sage, what's this about a barrier?

<<Report. As stated, the area is believed to be isolated inside a barrier. Searching for coordinates near the area... Confirmed.>>

Great Sage transported us to the cave where Vesta and his laboratory were making Hipokute potions and cultivating herbs.

"R-Rimuru-sama," Vesta stammered, talking with one of Souei's subordinates, who kneeled upon seeing me.

"Report," I ordered Saika.

"Understood. Rimuru-sama, we currently have enemies invading Tempest. More specifically, the Capital, Rimuru," Saika said as she bowed.

"Invaded!?" Tempest is being invaded? By who? And why? Is it another demon lord?

These thoughts swirled in my mind.

"The Capital is enveloped inside a barrier that hinders us from entering. Souei-sama is trying to enter the Capital in any possible way he can."

I needed to confirm something first. "Do we know who the enemy is? Is it a Demon Lord and their army?" I'm not confident I could take on someone like Milim, but if it's someone like Carrion, I could resist until the others escape.