Chapter 8: A Surprise Getaway

To celebrate the end of their exams and to make up for the recent tension, Lucas decided to surprise Ethan with a weekend getaway to the beautiful island of Palawan. Known for its stunning beaches and crystal-clear waters, Palawan was the perfect place for them to relax and reconnect.

"Ethan, pack your bags. We're going on a trip," Lucas announced one evening, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

Ethan's face lit up with surprise and joy. "Really? Where are we going?"

"You'll see," Lucas replied with a grin. "Just trust me."

They flew to Palawan early the next morning, arriving at a picturesque resort nestled among palm trees and white sand beaches. The view took Ethan's breath away.

"Lucas, this is amazing," Ethan said, looking around in awe. "Thank you."

Lucas smiled, feeling a sense of pride and happiness. "I wanted to do something special for us. We deserve it."

Their days in Palawan were filled with adventure and relaxation. They explored hidden lagoons, went snorkeling in the vibrant coral reefs, and enjoyed romantic dinners by the beach. Each moment they spent together strengthened their bond and reminded them of why they had fought so hard to be together.

One evening, as they watched the sunset from a secluded beach, Lucas turned to Ethan with a thoughtful expression.

"Ethan, there's something I've been meaning to ask you," Lucas began, his voice steady but filled with emotion.

"What is it?" Ethan asked, curiosity in his eyes.

Lucas took a deep breath, gathering his courage. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, hand-carved wooden box. He opened it to reveal a simple but elegant bracelet made of woven abaca fibers, adorned with a tiny seashell charm.

"Lucas, we've been through so much together, from high school to university and now into our careers. You've been my best friend, my confidant, and my greatest support. I can't imagine my life without you," Lucas said, his voice trembling with emotion. "Will you be my boyfriend? Officially?"

Tears welled up in Ethan's eyes as he looked at the bracelet, a symbol of their journey and the love they shared. He felt his heart swell with love and gratitude.

"Yes, Lucas. I will," Ethan replied, his voice choked with emotion. "I've wanted this for so long. I love you."

Lucas slipped the bracelet onto Ethan's wrist, then pulled him into a warm embrace. They held each other close, feeling the warmth of their love and the promise of their future.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden glow over the beach, Lucas and Ethan shared a tender, heartfelt kiss. The world around them seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them in that perfect moment.

"This is just the beginning, Ethan," Lucas whispered against his lips. "We're going to have an amazing life together."

Ethan smiled, feeling a sense of peace and happiness. "I know we will, Lucas. I know we will."