Chapter 9: Jealousy and Misunderstandings

When Ethan returned from Cebu, Lucas was overjoyed. However, the happiness was short-lived. Ethan had made a new friend during the workshop, a fellow actor named Ryan. Ryan had recently moved to Manila and often hung out with Ethan, causing Lucas to feel pangs of jealousy.

One evening, Lucas saw Ethan and Ryan laughing together at a café near campus. The sight stirred feelings of insecurity and doubt. He couldn't help but wonder if Ethan had developed feelings for Ryan during their time apart.

"I don't like how close you've gotten with Ryan," Lucas blurted out later that night, his voice filled with frustration.

Ethan looked taken aback. "Lucas, he's just a friend. You have nothing to worry about."

"I can't help but feel jealous," Lucas admitted. "I missed you so much, and now it feels like you're spending more time with him than with me."

Ethan sighed, reaching out to hold Lucas's hand. "Lucas, you're the one I love. Ryan is just a friend. Please trust me."

Despite Ethan's reassurances, Lucas couldn't shake his feelings of jealousy. The tension between them grew, culminating in a heated argument one night.

"I can't do this anymore, Ethan," Lucas said, tears in his eyes. "I need some space."

Ethan's heart broke at Lucas's words. "Lucas, please. Let's talk about this."

But Lucas walked away, feeling a mix of sadness and confusion. They had broken up, and he wasn't sure how to mend their fractured relationship.