Chapter 4: Audition

No one’s pov:

It’s Tuesday, the classes were suspended due to electrical problems in Ateneo Senior High, Krisantha’s school. She decided to just stay at home and invite Beth because she needs some companionship.

To: Beth
From: Krisantha

Bestie, u busy? Can you come over to my house? Let’s watch some movies!

Sent.

She also needs to hear Beth’s opinion about her audition, of course she’s my best friend.

Speaking of auditions, she planned to text Kuya Mike’s number, the man who asked her at the park to audition. She was really determined at her decision. 

After awhile, Beth replied

To: Krisantha
From: Beth

Okie! See you!

Read.

Krisantha smiled, feels moved. Talagang maaasahan si Beth sa mga ganitong sitwasyon. She never fails to give comfort and support to Krisantha. She always has Krisantha’s back.

While waiting for Beth to arrive, she decided to come down to cook some food. Her mom is not home, she’s at work.

She opened their ref, she saw some hotdogs, nuggets, and bacon. Also she sees ice cream which is perfect for their dessert.

She began to cook the hotdogs, nuggets, and bacon. Nagsaing nadin siya. movie marathon ba to o mukbang, she thought while looking at what she cooked.

Hindi narin nagtagal at dumating na si Beth, they went to Krisantha’s room. They sat on the floor and turn the Tv on.

They began to eat and watch Firefly
(Author: Highly recommended to watch!), a Filipino indie movie starring Alessandra Rosi and Dingdong Dantes.

They finished the movie, tears coming down to their eyes. Indeed the movie is beautiful just like people said.

Kamusta ka?” Beth began to asked Krisantha while eating their ice cream, she knows there is something wrong kay Krisantha “Okay lang, ikaw?” Krisantha replied “Wag kana magpanggap bes, bestfriend mo to oh.” Beth encouraged Krisantha to talk.

Mom and I argued yesterday.” Krisantha stated

Can you share why?” Beth asked

Naalala mo nung shooting, pagkatapos natin sabi ko bibili lang ako ng shake?” Krisantha asked, Beth nodded

Bumili ako yes, but may biglang lumapit sakin na lalaki and asked me if I can audition sa Ppop girl group named BINI to be new member of it. Nagulat ako kasi favorite kong Ppop group yun and confused din ako kasi nag-debut na sila so bakit pa sila kumukuha ng new member. I said to pag-iisipan ko kasi I want to hear first my mom’s opinion, so that’s why I asked her then she said yes but she said my dad needs to hear this and I get furious like why? What's the point? tapos yun nagalit na ako because why the hell I asked permission from him when he’s not even part of my life anymore then mom said that napatawad na niya si dad and I was like how? kasi ako I can’t forgive him, the trauma is still inside my head and everyday I live with it..

Everyday I live with loneliness, pain, and the haunting memories of what he did. It's like a shadow that never leaves, a wound that never heals. It’s hard to trust, hard to move on when the person who was supposed to protect you is the same one who caused you so much hurt.” Krisantha opens up to Beth, she’s not crying, she’s tired of it. She just feels nothing and empty habang nagkukwento kay Beth.