37 ¶¶ SERENITY BREWS

~*~
KYLE
"
Jayden Park, CEO of Park Industries, Secretly Fathered a Child with an Ordinary Event Planner – Scandal or Coincidence?

Korean CEO and American Worker: A Real-Life K-Drama in the Making?

Park Industries CEO's Baby Mama Revealed: What's Special About Ashley Brown?

The more I read through the blog headlines the more irritated I got. So called journalists that are supposed to find the truth and then write the truths in articles, are making a living by exaggerating the whole thing.

I didn't know how this all happened but I knew that Ashley would be in a bad place right now. The logical part of me knew that this wasn't all Jayden's fault but the other part wanted to push him off a cliff.

Ashley suffered alot in his absence and she was continuing the cycle just in his presence. He'd better fix this mess — fast.

I turned to the entrance of the restaurant checking again to see if Ashley was the person who walked through. It wasn't her.

She'd called me a few minutes ago saying she really wanted to talk to someone at the moment. I wanted to pick her up but I was certain there were paparazzi's hanging around her apartment building.

If they could find her we're she worked and schooled, her apartment wouldn't be a problem. And if Kyle Jacobs walked into her apartment and then picked her up, it would feed the gossip hungry people.

I just hope she was able to get there without much hassle. I knew first hand how annoying paparazzi was.

Soon after, I spotted Ashley at the entrance. I wouldn't have recognized her because of her scarf and black googles disguise, but I was familiar with the outfit she was wearing.

She spotted me and walked to my table. "Hey." She took a seat looking around just to make sure no one was paying much attention to us.

"You okay?" I asked when she ended her observation and looked at me.

She nodded but I knew she wasn't okay. Being the number topic for every gossip blogs there is, isn't very appealing.

"Sorry for making you come out here. I know it's a risky move since you...."

"It's okay." I cut her off and she smiled. "What happened exactly?"

Her expression turned sour. "I can't tell you everything, but it's sort of blackmail."

"Blackmail? Who in their right minds would want to blackmail you?

"Not me exactly..." She drawled.

I sighed. "It's Jayden, isn't it?"

She didn't respond but her expression told me all I needed to hear.

"Please tell me he's working on something.*

"His PR team has taken down most of the photos especially the ones with Jordan and they're working on taking down the posts."

"And Jordan where is she?"

"She's with Naomi. I had to refrain from visits so I don't worsen things and drag Naomi into this."

I nodded in understanding. "All this will blow over, the internet never focuses on one headline forever."

A small smile crept to her lips. "I hope so. Jordan will be back to school in a few weeks and I don't want this to affect her."

"It'll all pass." I reassured.

We talked for a bit before Ashley left and  I stayed back at the restaurant.

I was just about to message one of my teammates when a call interrupted me.