-[Chapter Nine]-

Jaune woke up to the sunrise streaming through his window. Normally, the sight would bring a smile to his face, but today, it only deepened his frown.

He couldn't quite pinpoint why the sun's rays felt more like a burden than a blessing. 'Is it because of the fight?' He wondered. He had proven his loyalty to Salem, secured a semblance of freedom, and yet, he felt no joy.

Instead, an unexpected sadness settled over him. The battle he fought, the loyalty he displayed — none of it brought the satisfaction he had hoped for.

The weight of his actions pressed heavily on his conscience, casting a shadow over the morning light.

Jaune looked down at his hands and then at the window, where his faint reflection stared back at him. Despite the battles and burdens he carried, he was reminded of his youth.

He was still young, almost on the cusp of adulthood, yet just a teenager trying to understand the meaning of life.

The weight of his recent actions and the expectations placed upon him felt almost too heavy for his shoulders.

In the reflection, he saw not just his face but the innocence that still lingered there, despite everything.

The sun's rays highlighted the conflict within him — a desire for freedom clashing with the reality of his choices.

Jaune took a deep breath, trying to reconcile the boy he saw in the window with the warrior he had become.

For a moment, he sat on his bed in silence, lost in his thoughts. Suddenly, he heard a ding sound, snapping him out of his reverie.

He jumped slightly, startled by the notification he had received.

[Name][Jaune Arc]
[Species][Human]

[HP][67/67]

[Class][Paladin]
[Level][9]

[STR][15]
[DEX][11]
[INT][17]
[WIS][9]
[CHA][14]

[Inventory]
•[Pistol][?]
•[Sword][?]
•[Shield][?]
•[Everknight Armor][?]
•[4,234 Lien][?]
[Amount Of Gold][360]

[Spells]

[1st Level Spells]●●●●

•[Command][?]
•[Cure Wounds][?]
•[Protection From Good Or Evil][?]
•[Sanctuary][?]
•[Sheild Of Fate][?]

[2nd Level Spells]●●●

•[Branding Smite][?]
•[Command][1st level][?]
•[Cure Wounds][1st level][?]
•[Find Steed][?]
•[Lesser Restoration][?]
•[Magic Weapon][?]
•[Zone Of Truth][?]

[3rd Level Spells]●●

•[Beacon Of Hope][?]
•[Branding Smite][2nd level][?]
•[Command][1st level][?]
•[Cure Wounds][1st level][?]
•[Dispel Magic][?]
•[Magic Weapon][2nd level][?]

[Class Features]

•[Divine Sense][?]
■[Uses]●●●
•[Lay On Hands][?]
■[45 HP]
•[Divine Smite][?]
•[Divine Health][?]
•[Sacred Oath] – [Oath Of Devotion][?]
•[Channel Divinity]●

"Third level spells?" He murmured in shock. The weight on his shoulders momentarily lifted as a surge of excitement coursed through him at the revelation of his newfound abilities.