Three

The next day, Yoongi has work in his studio with Namjoon and Hobi. Another rapline song is in the works. Both men notice Yoongi's distraction.

"Everything okay with you, Yoongi-Hyung?" Namjoon questions during a little break.

He tears his thoughts away from last night's events. Yoongi looks up at Namjoon and gives a quick nod. "I'm fine," he replies dismissively. He is hiding his true state of mind behind practiced indifference.

In truth, his focus is scattered. He splits his concentration between the task at hand and the lustful memories in his mind. The unspoken connection between him and Nova grows stronger with each passing hour. Pulling him further away from the ability to simply ignore it.

Yet he soldiers on, pretending that everything is normal. He hopes that his façade will continue to fool everyone except the woman who owns his heart. As the three of them work towards completing their latest piece. Yoongi struggles internally, fighting against the pull of Nova. Also, he is trying to remain true to his commitment to himself. The one promise he has always managed to keep.

The line between right and wrong blurs in the shadowy space between them. And he wonders how much longer he'll be able to suppress the truth of their relationship. The answer comes later when they retire for the evening. Leaving him alone with his tortured thoughts.

In solitude, Yoongi confronts his desires once more. It only leads to one decision, it's their affair that must end. He owes it to himself and especially to Nova to bring their secret to an end before it consumes them both.

And so, with a heavy heart and clenched fists, Yoongi begins crafting a plan to put an end to their entwined lives. Though the thought pains him, he steels himself. Resolving to respect Nova's autonomy by allowing her to make her own choices.

After all, her love exists under the weight of his secrets. Maybe she deserves the chance to be free of those burdens too. Determination fuels his actions, and he immerses himself in his work. Using every spare moment to construct the barriers necessary for their inevitable separation.

Unbeknownst to him, Nova silently suffers through her own turmoil. Questioning their bond and wondering if she has indeed misread the signs. As the days pass, they've had fewer and fewer scheduled meetings. This makes her fear the worst.

She desperately tries to push these doubts aside. She's desperate to hold onto hope. But the evidence shows that their connection might end soon. Their dance continues. The rhythms shift as they navigate the emotional minefield of their love.

The time draws closer. It will bring the inevitable fight. The fight will either seal or shatter their bond. Yoongi and Nova walk towards each other. They blindly trust fate to guide their turbulent tale.

Whichever path they choose, it will alter the course of their lives, it's forever.

The meeting is set for late in the evening, far removed from the prying eyes of their colleagues. Despite his trepidation, Yoongi finds himself unable to postpone their conversation any longer. His resolve strengthens with each passing minute. Bolstered by the knowledge that he does this for the greater good.

The hour draws near. He dresses carefully, putting on his favorite black clothes. He makes sure his look shows the confidence he wants to project. He takes a deep breath and steps into the night. He makes his way to the spot, his heart pounding. He's eager to finally end this troubled chapter and free Nova from his manipulations.

Yet even as he prepares himself to break her heart. A small part of him struggles with the inevitability of losing her. Praying that fate allows them to find each other again someday. With one last glance at his reflection, Yoongi vanishes into the darkness. He's ready to face the storm brewing in his secret world.