Eight

Weeks later, the award season has begun, and at one of the shows, BTS runs into Nova. She is working with another group at a different company now. Seeing Nova in such proximity stirs something primal within Yoongi. Her presence alone ignites a fire within him. Reminding him of what they once shared and what still burns between them.

He tries to maintain his usual cool demeanor. But the intensity of his desire leaves its mark on his voice as he calls out to her. "Nova." The anger he had nursed towards Sejin slowly dissolves. He realizes that their forbidden love isn't entirely destroyed. It merely exists in another form—one that doesn't involve him directly.

This realization both excites and terrifies him simultaneously. As he watches her interact with her colleagues, Yoongi makes up his mind. The time has come for him to make things right with Nova. To show her the extent of his devotion. Against all odds, their love burns brighter than anything else in existence.

Stepping aside, he allows her to proceed with her work. But he whispers a promise in her ear before moving away: "My lioness, our time will come. Just wait for me." A countdown begins. One to the day when they will reunite. Their destinies intertwining once more in a passionate, forbidden dance of love.

They meet again at the next award show. Yoongi's gaze lingers on Nova. Studying her every movement, he commits her features to memory. Their previous encounter has left him hungering for more. Yet he restrains himself, not wanting to draw unnecessary attention to her. After all, she works for another company now.

The way she moves and laughs with her coworkers shows how much she blooms in her new job. It brings a hint of bitterness to Yoongi's taste, but also fuels the fire within him. For now, he settles with watching from afar. Taking mental note of her reactions and expressions.

Every moment counts, every observation he makes brings them closer to reuniting. To rekindling the passion that can't be snuffed out so easily. The observers might mistake his intense stare for simple appreciation of her beauty. But they couldn't possibly grasp the depth of his emotions.

Nova represents the ultimate paradox: a woman who owns his heart yet remains ever elusive. Always just beyond his reach, making him chase after her relentlessly. One thing is certain: he'll stop at nothing to claim her as his own once more. Regardless of the hurdles thrown in their path.

"Nova looks good. Why are you not chasing after her?" Jungkook softly asks him as he catches Yoongi observing her. Yoongi turns to Jungkook with a sly grin. His eyes narrowing slightly as if considering his answer carefully.

"Because," he says, leaning in closer. His voice dripping with innuendo, "chasing after someone who's already proven difficult enough. Wait until you see how fierce my predator side becomes when I capture my prey."

His choice of words leaves little doubt about his intentions towards Nova. Making it clear that despite appearances, he hasn't forgotten nor given up on her. In his mind, she is his and always will be. Each passing day only solidifies his resolve to have her back in his arms, where she belongs.

The anticipation of reuniting with Nova consumes Yoongi. Giving him the strength to face the world and those around him. Others may see it as utter foolishness. But it's a promise he made to himself and the lioness who stole his heart. Their paths keep crossing during the various events. Yoongi ensures his touches linger a split second longer. His glances grow hungrier, and his voice carries a raw undertone. One that can only be deciphered by those attuned to the symphony of their unspoken desires.

Their secret affair might remain hidden. Yet the heat radiating between them can't be concealed without effort. With each passing moment, Yoongi's lust for Nova intensifies.