Chapter 21

Mother.

I used to think that it's not my thing to  feel this peacefulness I felt right now just riding with a motorcycle and with a simple words from Michael and yet I felt safe and secure from him because I'm with him. I never imagine that epitome of peace and safe could be him. Could be his. Could be his existence. And I found it somehow assuring while I was helding in to his chest.

I could feel my face burning with fire as I shifted my face near his back. He smell as a mixture of cold mint and like a scented candle that soothed to my sense of smell. It doesn't hurt my nose at all. His smell isn't awful over those men who sprays perfume all over their bodies. The smell lingering on him can be addicted tho. I can't stop myself get nearing him.

I scoffed when I realize what I've been doing from Michael's back. I slowly move away from his body but its wrong move to do it because he suddenly drove fast making my chest bumped into his back. I couldn't help but surprised to the impact. My mouth fell open and quickly held into his waist more tightly from before.

"S-Slowly please..." I pleaded as I feel the cold sweat on my hand.

I thought he won't listen but I felt relieved when he slowly his pace. The cars that were blurring from my sight earlier were started to clear in my eyes because he slow down.

I closed my eyes when a wind breeze touch my bare skin that making me shiver. My fingers that were holding onto him started to quivered. Michael maybe felt that I'm cold so he slowly stop maneuvering his motorcycle. After he successfully stop the vehicle he turned around, with his concern and serious eyes.

"Wear this." He gave me his gray jacket and quickly turned to the road after to start the engine.

I didn't notice that he has a jacket on him maybe I was preoccupied of meeting his mom that's why even his jacket—I didn't saw it. Without hesitation I put the jacket to my body. There, I felt comfortable and the warmth—thanks to his soothing smell. A few minutes later of roding to his motorcycle finally we stop in front of a huge establishment.

I was about to lift my foot on the floor so I could come down from his vehicle but to my surprise—suddenly a pair grown and flexible arms lift up my tiny waist. My mouth parted in shock as I held into his hard shoulder to support myself. I just felt a relief when I landed on the ground safely.

"Thank you." I mouthed shyly and I could already saw my face were in crimson.

I look around, a huge building welcomed my eyes. My eyes were glue on it that I didn't notice a lady coming towards us. I was just able to realize it when she called Michael that were probably waiting for me. The status of the building I was staring at were not that good and I found it a little bit odd. Isla Vista Restaurant. Even the name on it creep out the hell of me

While surveying it I could tell that it was an old one based on its faded paint and not a good state. The wall is scattered like it was kind of a haunted and abandoned building from the movies I am watching. The difference between in this building it has people inside who were happily chattering. Or I'm just used to that horror movies I watched that's why I am making wild imagination.

"Akala ko hindi ka na dadaan pa rito, anak." I heard a soft voice that making my vision shifted to whoever speak.

"Akala ko rin, ma." It's was Michael.

An old lady look shook while studying me. I gave her a small smile but the corner of her eyes just crinkled and looked back at Michael. She disregard my presence and quickly went to his son's side. My smile faded and lowered my gaze. Looks like she's doesn't want me here nor like me being here. I bit my lower lip.