No answers

A week had passed, but the weight of uncertainty still hung heavy on my shoulders, casting a shadow over everything I did. As I lay in bed at night, tears streamed down my cheeks, mingling with the tangled mess of emotions swirling inside me. The thought that my own mother could be capable of such a heinous act haunted my every waking moment, despite Adriana's reassurances that she would take care of it. But even with her promise, the fear still gnawed at the edges of my mind, refusing to be silenced.

And then there was Rigel. For the past week, he had been conspicuously absent, his absence a glaring reminder of the growing distance between us. I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in the pit of my stomach as I recalled his recent outings with friends, most of whom were girls. The thought that he might be cheating on me gnawed at me, adding another layer of pain to my already shattered heart.

As I lay in bed at night, tears streaming down my cheeks, I reached for my phone, hoping for a glimmer of solace in the midst of my turmoil. With trembling fingers, I typed out a message to Rigel, pouring out my fears and uncertainties in a desperate plea for reassurance.

"Hey, Rigel... I've been really worried about you. Is everything okay?"

Seconds felt like hours as I waited for his response, my heart pounding with anticipation. When his reply finally came, my heart sank at the coldness of his words.

"Sorry, Norah. I've been really busy lately. Can't talk right now."

The words hung heavily in the air, a stark contrast to the warmth and affection that once filled our conversations. Feeling a fresh wave of tears welling up inside me, I struggled to hold back the overwhelming flood of emotions threatening to consume me.

With a shaky breath, I typed out another message, my fingers hovering over the keys as I poured out my heart to him once more.

"I miss you, Rigel... Please, just talk to me."

But as the seconds ticked by, no response came. The silence echoed loudly in the darkness of my room, amplifying the ache of longing and uncertainty that gripped my heart. With a heavy sigh, I buried my face in my pillow, the tears flowing freely as I succumbed to the weight of my despair.

-

The afternoon sun cast a soft glow through my bedroom window as I sat at my desk, attempting to focus on my online classes. But the constant buzzing of my thoughts made it nearly impossible to concentrate. With a heavy sigh, I decided to take a break and dial Rigel's number, hoping for a brief moment of connection amidst the chaos of my mind.

As the call connected, I could hear the distant sounds of laughter and chatter in the background, causing a pang of jealousy to stab at my heart. "Hey, Rigel," I greeted, trying to keep the frustration out of my voice.

"Hey" he replied, his tone distracted. "I'm really busy right now, can we talk later?"

The words hit me like a punch to the gut, igniting a spark of anger within me. "Busy? Rigel, we haven't talked in days! I'm your girlfriend, remember?" I shot back, my voice trembling with emotion.

There was a brief pause before he responded, his tone tinged with annoyance. "I just don't have time to deal with this right now, Norah. Can't you see I'm drowning in homework and shit?!"

My heart sank at his dismissive tone, a knot of anxiety forming in the pit of my stomach. " I'm tired f this Rigel, who knows? You're probably cheating n me and I'm here stupid thinking ur actually staying with me" I couldn't help but ask, the words tumbling out in a rush.

He let out an exasperated sigh. "Norah, I would never cheat on you. But I'm tired, okay? I just need some space right now."

His words felt like a slap in the face, the hurt and betrayal swirling inside me like a storm. "I'm going through a lot right now, Rigel," I pleaded, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. "I need you to be there for me."

But he just sighed, his frustration evident in his voice. "Can we talk about this later, Norah? I can't deal with this right now."

The words were like a dagger to my heart, the pain of rejection twisting inside me like a knife. "Fuck off, Rigel," I whispered, my voice trembling with emotion as I ended the call. In that moment, all I could feel was the crushing weight of heartache and despair, leaving me to wallow in the darkness of my own anguish.