2 years later...

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting hues of pink and orange across the sky, Norah and Rigel strolled hand in hand along the sandy shore. Two years had passed since the trial, and life had taken on a new sense of hope and possibility. Norah, now 19 and officially an adult, had found solace and happiness in Rigel's unwavering love and support.

Their grandmother had gifted them a house in Italy, a beautiful villa nestled among rolling hills and overlooking the sparkling blue sea. It was a place of tranquility and peace, a haven they could call their own. As they walked, the salty breeze tousled their hair, and the gentle sound of waves lapping at the shore filled the air.

Rigel turned to Norah, his eyes filled with adoration. "I have a surprise for you," he said, a mischievous smile playing on his lips.

Curiosity sparkled in Norah's eyes as they continued walking. They reached a secluded spot on the beach, where Rigel had set up a picnic blanket adorned with candles and flowers.

"This is beautiful," Norah exclaimed, her heart swelling with love.

Rigel took her hand, leading her to the blanket. They sat down, the soft sand beneath them, and Rigel produced a bottle of champagne, pouring them each a glass.

"To us," he said, raising his glass. "To everything we've been through and everything that's yet to come."

They clinked their glasses together, the sound echoing in the quiet evening. Norah leaned into Rigel's embrace, feeling the warmth of his love enveloping her.

As they ate, they reminisced about their journey together, the highs and the lows, the laughter and the tears. The moon rose high in the sky, casting a silver glow over the beach, as Rigel reached into his pocket.

Norah's heart skipped a beat as he pulled out a small velvet box. Her breath caught in her throat as he opened it, revealing a dazzling diamond ring.

"Norah," he said, his voice trembling with emotion. "Will you marry me?"

Tears welled up in Norah's eyes as she looked into Rigel's eyes, seeing all the love and devotion shining back at her. "Yes," she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper.

Rigel slipped the ring onto her finger, and they sealed their love with a tender kiss, the waves crashing against the shore as if celebrating their union. In that moment, beneath the starry sky, they knew that their love would endure forever.