Polyjuice Potion

[Christmas break came around and several sleighs were seen being pulled by horses as students left for the holidays, a few remained behind.]

Fred: Hey look everyone, it's the heir of Slytherin!

George: Be careful! She's a seriously evil wizard.

[Everyone but Avalon smiles while the Weasley twins laughs.]

Hermione: Come on Avalon, trust Fred and George to make a serious situation funny. They were just having a laugh.

Avalon: They're the only ones.

Ron: Okay, so half the school thinks your nipping off to the Chamber of Secrets every night. Who cares?

Avalon: Maybe they're right.

[Avalon storms off and Ron and Hermione all follow her.]

Hermione: AVALON! Oh come on.

Avalon: Look, I didn't know I could speak Parsletongue. What else don't I know about myself. Look, maybe you can do something, even something horrible and not know you did it.

Ron: You don't believe that Avalon, I know you don't.

Hermione: And if it makes you feel any better, Malfoy is staying for the holidays too.

Ron: Why would that make anyone feel any better.

Hermione: Because the Polyjuice Potion will be ready in a few days...in a few days, we may truly know who the Heir of Slytherin really is.

"I swear you three...."

"Fred and George always know when to defuse a situation, but this was one time I did not feel like laughing." Avalon said with a shrug. 

[Avalon and Ron are in the Great Hall eating some of the Christmas food as Hermione comes over and puts a plate of food in front of her and sits down.]

Hermione: Everything's set. We just need a bit of who you're changing into.

Avalon: [looks at Ron before looking back at Hermione.] Crabbe and Daphne.

Hermione: We also have to make sure that the real Crabbe and Daphne can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy.

Ron: How?

Hermione: I have it all worked out. [Hermione pulls out a vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting and put them in front of the two Gryffindors.] I filled these with a simple sleeping drought. Simple...but powerful. Now, once Crabbe is asleep, hide him in the broomstick cupboard and pull out a few of his hairs...and put on his uniform. Avalon should already have Daphne's hair from bumping into her during Herbology.

[Ron and Avalon share a look as Avalon nods.]

Ron: Whose hair are you ripping out then?

Hermione: I've already got mine. Millicent Bulstrode, Slytherin. I got this off her robes.

"I was curious about that 'bumping into' and didn't even feel the hair pull." Daphne said, looking at Avalon who shrugged.

"I did it to Dudley all the time. The key is, to grab a single strand as you stand up, claiming that there was something in their hair." Avalon said with a coy smile.