Petrified

[aerial shot of Hogwarts]

Avalon: It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago.

[cut to Avalon, Ron, and Hermione in a Hogwarts courtyard]

Hermione: It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be.

Ron: We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me.

Avalon: The monster killed someone, Ron. What would any of us have done?

Hermione: Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?

Ron: That'll be a cheerful visit. "Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?"

[Hagrid walks up behind them.]

Hagrid: Mad and hairy? You wouldn't be talking about me, now would ya?

"NO!" Avalon, Ron, and Hermione all said at the same time as their on screen counterparts did making everyone laugh.

Avalon, Ron, and Hermione: [simultaneously] No!

[There is an awkward moment of silence.]

Avalon: What's that you've got, Hagrid?

Hagrid: Oh, it's Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent. For the Mandrakes, you know. Now, according to Professor Sprout, they've still got a bit of growing up to do, but once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop 'em up and stew 'em, and then we'll get those people down at the hospital unpetrified. In the meantime, though, you three had best be looking after yourselves, all right? [He turns to leave. At the same time, Neville rushes in.] Hello, Neville.

Neville: [running up to Avalon] Avalon, I don't know who did it, but you'd better come! C'mon! Pavarti told me to come find you quickly!

[Neville leads Avalon, Ron, and Hermione up to Avalon's dormitory. The whole place has been ransacked. Hermione stand by the entrance while Neville and Ron wait downstairs. as Avalon looks through the mess.]

Hermione: It had to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password. Unless it wasn't a student.

Ron: Whoever it was, they must have been looking for something.

Avalon: And they found it. [looks up from the mess] Tom Riddle's diary is gone.

"Oh come on!"

[The Gryffindor Quidditch team is preparing for a match.]

Oliver: All right, listen up. We play our game, Hufflepuff doesn't stand a chance. [he begins leading the team out to the pitch] We're stronger, quicker, and smarter.

Fred: And not to mention, they're dead scared that Avalon'll petrify them if they fly anywhere near her.

Oliver: Well, that too. [Professor McGonagall approaches them]

Oliver: Professor McGonagall.

Professor McGonagall: This match has been cancelled.

Oliver: They can't cancel Quidditch.

"Wood makes James look normal at Quidditch." Sirius said as everyone laughed.

Professor McGonagall: Silence, Wood. You and your teammates will go to Gryffindor Tower, now. [the other members of the team dejectedly depart] Potter, you and I will find Mr. Weasley. There's something the both of you have to see. [McGonagall leads Avalon and Ron into the Hospital Wing.] I warn you, this could be a wee bit of a shock.

[Avalon and Ron stop abruptly at the sight of Hermione's petrified body lying on a hospital bed.]

Ron: [overcome with shock] Hermione...

Avalon: No!

Professor McGonagall: She was found near the library, along with this. [holds up a mirror] Does it mean anything to either of you?

Avalon: No. [Professor McGonagall sets the mirror down as Avalon feels Hermione's stiff hand]

"HERMIONE!"

People were in shock at the sight.

[The Gryffindors are gathered in their common room. McGonagall enters.]

Professor McGonagall: Could I have your attention, please? Because of recent events, these new rules will be put into effect immediately. [reads off a piece of parchment] All students will return to their house common rooms by six o'clock every evening. All students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions. [sets parchment aside] I should tell you this: unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught, it is likely the school will be closed.[McGonagall leaves the room. The students all look worried.]

Avalon: We've got to talk to Hagrid, Ron. I can't believe it's him, but if he did set the monster loose last time, he'll know how to get inside the Chamber of Secrets, and that's a start.

Ron: But you heard McGonagall. We're not allowed to leave the Tower except for class.

Avalon: I think it's time to get my dad's old cloak out again. I'm not going back to the Dursleys unless it is for just summer holidays and that's it!

"But they are-"

"QUIET YE OLD ASSHOLE!" McGonagall hexed Dumbledore again. 

"Like we'd take you back." Vernon sneered.

"You know what...I should have just let the dementor take Dudley's soul, just to make you two suffer for all the hell you put me through!" Avalon yelled out in anger.