Tea Leaves

[A bluebird flies past the Clock Tower, through the Covered Bridge, and out into the Hogwarts grounds. It then flies too close to the Whomping Willow and gets thwacked.]

"Jesus, that tree is brutal!"

"You just realized that? Did you not remember the last movie?!"

[The scene changes to a stuffy room where a teacher with large bug-eyed shaped glasses is standing.]

Trelawney: Welcome, my children. In this room you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight. [bumps into a table] Hello, I am Professor Trelawney and together, we shall cast ourselves into the future! This term we shall be focusing on Tasseomancy which is the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you. [The students take the cups] What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first you must broaden your minds, first you must look...BEYOND!

Hermione: [appearing out of no where] What a load of rubbish!

Ron: [turns and looks at her with shock] When did you get here?

Hermione: Me? I've been here all this time.

Trelawney: You boy? [looking at Neville] is your grandmother quite well?

Neville: I think so...[Trelawney looks at the cup and hums sympathetically before walking off and Neville takes the cup from Dean.]

Trelawney: Broaden your minds! Oh...oh! Your aura is pulsing my dear, are you in the beyond? I think you are

Ron: [nods, unsure] Sure.

Trelawney: The cup...tell me what you see.

Ron: Oh, yeah. Avalon's got sort of a wonky cross...that's trials and suffering and then that's the sun, happiness...so you're gonna suffer, but you are going to be happy about it? [Ron looks at Avalon while Hermione rolls her eyes.]

Trelawney: Give me the cup...oh...AH! [Slams the cup down] my dear girl...my dear....you have the grim.

Seamus: The grin, what's the grin?

Bem: Not the grin, you idiot, the Grim. "Taking the form of a large spectral it's among the darkest omens in our world...It's an omen of death.

[Avalon takes the cup and looks into it, clearly seeing the shape of a dog staring back at her.]

"Seriously? Why are you even in her class anymore?" Hermione asked with an eye roll.

"Because every chance I get to drop the class, it is either 'lost' or somehow I didn't put in the request to begin with." Avalon shrugged her shoulders when a pop was heard and Avalon took the paper, seeing a new schedule with no 'Divination' in sight.

"Your problem is fixed, Lady Potter." McGonagall said with a smile while Dumbledore tried to object.

[The third years are heading down to Hagrid's hut.]

Ron: You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black, do you?

Hermione: Oh, honestly Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a very woolly discipline...Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject.

Ron: Ancient Runes? Just how many classes are you taking this term?

Hermione: A fair few.

Ron: Hang on, that's not possible. Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination. You have to be in two classes at once?

Hermione: Oh, don't be silly Ronald! How could anyone be in two classes at once? Broaden your minds, use your inner eye to see the future!

People laughed at Hermione's poor imitation of the Divination teacher who frowned.