Prologue: In a Void Bordering Three Worlds

"You're making a mistake!"

A panicked voice echoed out in the darkness. It sounded so familiar... Who was it?

"I'll give you anything! Money, fame, riches, infinite power—your own galaxy! PLEASE!"

That tone... How did he not recognize it? It belonged to the most unfathomable, dominating, and handsome being in all of reality—himself. But this didn't sound right. Bill Cipher, the Demon of Dreams, does not beg.

What was going on here? Was that really him, or an illusion?

"NO! What's happening to me?!" Bill sounded utterly frightened, and he failed to see why.

Before he could concentrate on the noises, he heard himself utter an incantation. He spoke fast, but he knew exactly what the incantation was. Why was he invoking his name? What impossible entity could've possibly forced him to use such a humiliating last resort?

Bill wondered this, but his voice only grew louder and louder, drowning out his present thoughts. Then he heard it.

At the end of his incantation, Bill heard himself shout a name with such vigor, anger, and fear that it'd put gods to shame. A name he so desperately wished he never uttered.

"STAAANLEEEY!"

Bill's eye shot open. It was all coming back to him now. Gravity Falls. Weirdmageddon. Those kids. Stanford...

Stanley...

They... They killed him? They ruined everything and killed him! How did they, a bunch of mortals, ever manage to slay him? He was a being of pure power. It didn't make sense!

This isn't right! It isn't fair! Primordial anger bubbled to the surface, instantly changing the color of his triangular figure from yellow to red. If he had ears, steam would probably be coming out of them.

Before Bill threw a fit, he noticed his surroundings. Gone were the blue flames that engulfed him and Stanley in that claustrophobic room. He didn't find himself in his fearamid or in the town of Gravity Falls. From the looks of it, he wasn't even on Earth.

Bill slowly spun in place, surveying the area closely. Around him was nothing but a black and blue ambient hue, with stars of various shapes and sizes sparkling like the sunlight reflecting off the ocean's surface. He was in space. Not the Mindscape or Nightmare Realm, but space.

How was this possible? Hadn't he been erased? Wasn't he supposed to be in a new form? No, if that were the case, he wouldn't remember anything, right? He never had to go through reincarnation, so he wouldn't know.

It aggravated Bill to no end that this was happening. Actually, no. That's not what aggravated him. What truly irritated him was the fact that he had no clue what was happening. For the first time in all his eons of living, Bill was stumped.

"Good. You've become aware again." A voice—no, thousands of voices, spoke loudly from behind Bill.

Even though he had done a three-sixty-degree surveillance of his surroundings mere seconds ago, he suddenly felt the presence of something behind him. Something that hadn't been there a moment ago.

Something... ancient.

Instead of turning around, Bill's body shapeshifted itself so that he was now looking at the unknown entity.

The entity had a humanoid appearance. They were slender, if their torso and arms were anything to go by. Only their head had visible skin, which was pure white. The bottom half was partially covered, leaving the eyes and nose uncovered. They didn't appear to have any ears.