Chapter 3: Endgame

"Haha! Anchor has been placed. Enjoy your dimensional disruptions, Gravity Falls!" Bill cheered once the pyramid ship anchored itself above Gravity Falls.

While he had direct control of the ship, he wasn't actually on it. Instead, he watched his progress from within The Harvester's strange realm, using the cosmic smoke that was scattered about as a dimensional window.

The anchoring process involved the ship emitting a powerful shockwave that disrupted the natural flow of time, space, and other cosmic energies within Earth's dimension. This was done so that the vessel could 'lock' itself in place, preventing any other entity from forcefully removing it—at least without a struggle.

Bill had to hand it to The Harvester. The guy had it all planned out! Still though, he wasn't sure how this helped with The Convergence, whatever that was.

"Bill." A plethora of voices called out to him. He turned, his gaze meeting The Harvester's.

"Hey, pal. Just on time!" Bill said gleefully, moving aside to show the first anchor was placed. "Good work, am I right?"

The Harvester stared ahead. "Yes." It said blankly.

For something that was apparently so important, The Harvester wasn't showing much enthusiasm, which agitated Bill slightly. "I bet you're fun at parties."

"I have come to inform you that your petrified form has been retrieved."

The news instantly made Bill giddy—so much so, he didn't even acknowledge that The Harvester completely ignored his previous statement.

"That's exactly what I wanted to hear!" He rubbed his hands mischievously. "Gimme!"

The Harvester didn't respond or even blink at Bill's demand. It just continued to stare at him.

Although he only had an eye for a face, it was clear that The Harvester's lack of a response annoyed Bill. "Well? What are you waiting for? Give it to me."

"No."

The Havester's blunt response made Bill curl his eye in anger. "What do you mean no?"

"That is not possible at this time."

"Well, why not?!"

"Because. You still have work to do."

Right. Bill rubbed his eye, frustrated. He figured The Harvester would do this—Dangling something he wanted to ensure his cooperation. "Fine, fine. How many more of these anchors do I need to place?"

"Just two." The Harvester pointed to the cosmic smoke Bill was using as a window.

Bill turned to look, watching the scenery change from Earth to an entirely different dimension. Now, instead of overlooking the town of Gravity Falls, they had an eagle's eye view of an enormous carcass, sprawled out across a vast ocean. A single titanic hand was raised into the air, reaching out into the boundless sky.

"This is your next target. Set the anchor."

"Oh, I'll set your anchor, alright. But I think a reward is in order for setting the first." Bill placed his hands on his sides, and for once, The Harvester responded immediately.

"Which is?"

"Stanley Pines." Bill snarled. "Bring me Stanley Pines."

Bill was met with silence yet again.

It stayed like that for a good second before The Harvester slowly turned around, showing his back to Bill.

"Very well." Just like that, The Harvester agreed.

Luckily for Bill, when Mabel fell into that rift, The Harvester felt her and instantly had eyes on Dipper and Stanley. They were partially inconsequential, but if Bill wanted the older mortal, then so be it.

The Harvester moved away from the floating triangle, but not without speaking one last time. "Establish the second anchor. Stanley Pines will be yours." And like that, The Harvester disappeared.