chapter 4 - the aftermath

~ I woke up to multiple texts from April. My day was starting out great. I read them all with a grin. She told me that her AC was broken and that her and her dad would be gone to check out new stuff to replace their old AC, since the damage was too much to simply try and fix. I silently celebrated, because that means she'll be gone again, and not with Casey.

~ I left my room, expecting my brothers to be there doing stupid stuff that they normally do. But to my surprise, nobody was home. I checked the whole lair, but nobody was there. I called Leo and Mikey, but they didn't pick up. I didn't dare call raph, because he'd try and beat me up for even trying to call him. I went back into my room, and stayed in it until there was a sign that someone was home.

~ A few hours later I heard people enter the lair. I recognized the voice and realized it was Leo. I left my room and saw him getting some snacks.

D: "Hey Leo, where have you been? Where is everyone?"

L: "Oh we've been with April, she needed some help installing her new AC system. It's weird, it's super busted up."

D: "Huh.. that's weird. Well, if you guys need anything, I'm here"

L: "Right..we don't really need you right now Donnie. No offense, but we have it under control"

D: "Leo I know more about this than you. I could have fixed that in a quicker time than you, you know this. I'm obviously smarter than you, matter of fact I'm smarter than all of you"

L: " Shut it Donnie, I don't care if you're smarter, we got it covered"

D: "Are you jealous Leo? Are you mad?"

L: "What?! Hell no, I'm not jealous! I'm leaving, you can stay here and mope around while I go with April and the others. You can stay mad that I'm hanging with your girl crush, because you know you'll never get her and even if she did like our kind she would never pick you. You're too needy for her"

~ Leo then left with a few snacks with him. Why would he say that? I'm not different from them. I'll get him back for that. I'll show him