CHAPTER 8.

Trevante wakes up the next day feeling awful, however, hangovers are mother nature's punishments for indulging more than one should

The momentary sleep-amnesia wears off and Trevante finally remembers where he's at and what went on. 

"Oh shit," Trevante said sitting up in the bed. He looks around but Rodney is nowhere to be found.

He gets up and puts his clothes on and as he puts his clothes on his phone vibrates. 

'Oh shit,' Trevante thinks to himself, 'it's damn near 2

'Oh shit,' Trevante thinks to himself, 'it's damn near 2.'

He gathers the rest of his belongings and heads out toward the door. As Trevante is leaving, he opens the door and there is a pink envelope with a stuffed white tiger and flowers. Trevante bends down to pick up the card and in cursive on the front of the envelope it says 'From Tyler' with a big heart on the outside. 

--

Tyler waits anxiously tapping his foot at the table. He hasn't been on a legitimate date in a long time and this was actually his first time taking another guy on a date out in public. Tyler knew how to woo a woman out of her panties, but for guys, it's always been a bit more straight forward with him. He had always been able to get right to business. This time however, he is doing things differently. He doesn't look at Rodney as just another hookup, and that is what was driving him crazy. He has to see for himself whether or not this could be something real. 

After a few moments, Rodney finally walks through the door. 

This is a very eclectic restaurant that has an amiable vibe to it. It is lined with green wallpaper and gold accents throughout. This restaurant is also LGBT friendly and welcomes people from everywhere. 

"Over here," Tyler waves to Rodney who is in the frame of the door. Rodney spots him immediately and makes his way over to the table.

"Hey Tyler," Rodney begins, "how are you?"

"You can just call me Ty, haha, but I'm great now that you're here."

"Aww how sweet," Rodney responds.