CHAPTER 3.

The two dancers finally make it back to Rodney's place. Trevante follows Rodney through the door and he has to cognitively prevent his mouth from dropping wide open. Rodney lives in an almost mansion-like apartment that you would never tell was behind this raggedy New York exterior. Trevante never knew places like this could exist in this particular area.

"Make yourself at home, I'm gonna get started on dinner," the tiny dancer said.

"Wow... your place is amazing, and it's so clean."

"Thank you, haha! I'm actually just borrowing it for school. It belongs to a distant relative of mine, but he only comes during big events in New York so he barely uses it. So in return, I just keep the place clean and I water the plants."

"That's not a bad deal at all."

"Exactly! It makes my commute easier too because it's within walking distance from the school! You can sit by me, or you can go and watch television, it's your choice!"

Trevante knew that amongst all the gorgeous interior, the best thing to look at was right in front of him, however, he had not yet admitted that fully to himself just yet. He had always been aware of his emotions, but had never acted on them.

"I don't think the TV has chef Lil' Bit on it, so I'll watch you instead," he replied. This elicits a chuckle from the both of them.

Rodney, at this point, couldn't tell if the almost-official-captain was just being nice or if he was hinting at something more. Rodney had always been a hopeless romantic, however, its always gotten him into situations he'd rather not be in.

For the sake of his heart, Rodney took it as the former. The captain was just being nice. After all, it's easy to confuse kindness for flirting. Rodney told himself to simply enjoy the moment and not to feed into his underlying 

"Haha! Alright, but no backseat cooking!"

"Considering I can't cook, you have my word," he chuckles. Trevante locates some cookies on the kitchen island. Rodney peeps this.

"You can have one since I know you're not gonna ask," he said.

Trevante grabs one chuckling at the fact that he got caught lacking. It was funny to Trevante because he would usually never let a comment like that go without a smart rebuttal back, but he takes the jab face-first. He thinks it's kind of cute.

	It only takes but a few minutes for the stove to heat up and to get a fire going

It only takes but a few minutes for the stove to heat up and to get a fire going. On the menu for the evening, Rodney was preparing some steak, with mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a nice red wine to pair. This was his special meal that he never really gets to cook, and coincidentally it was also Trevante's favorite. Rodney pulls out his pans and the steaks he let thaw out from earlier this morning.

"Steak?" Trevante asks. "That's literally my favorite!"

"No way! I'm happy I could make a good first impression then," Rodney says.