CHAPTER 9.

"Sup..." Trevante says as he Rodney comes into the kitchen.

"What are you still doing here? I thought you left."

"I was about to but..." Trevante nods his head in the direction of the gifts that were left on the doorstep.

"What's that?" Rodney asks.

"Gifts... from Tyler... are you two fucking?" Trevante has a serious yet curious look on his face as if he's pissed.

Rodney is taken aback at how bluntly he asks the question. Trevante has no right to even pry in matters such as this. 

"Trevante, what the fuck? Why would you ask me that?"

"Just answer the question."

"No. We're not. All we did was go on a date. Not that it's any of your business. And why the fuck are you taking things off my doorstep?"

Trevante realized that he was wrong after Rodney said that. After all, he had not yet confessed how he felt and he was practically trespassing at this point. He did the only thing he could do in the moment and fall back on studio politics to give himself some leverage. 

"Look. I know you're new but you should know that we have a strict policy in the company about dating other members. That's something Tyler should have told you while you were both on your little date."

Rodney could not believe that Trevante would bring the studio up at a time like this. The larger dancer was grilling him as if they were the ones in the serious relationship. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

"You're kidding me right? You have no right to throw that in my face right now! Was it also against company policy when you had your tongue in my ass?"

Trevante's eyes widen because he couldn't believe that Rodney had just thrown that back into his face. Especially after he had the tiny dancer moaning in pleasure the entire time. 

"Wow," is all Trevante could say. Wow," he lets out one more time while chuckling to himself. 

Trevante grabbed his phone and keys and walks past Rodney and leaves. Rodney is extremely upset with Trevante and can not extend him any grace in this moment. He violated Rodney's personal space as well as insulted him in his own place. There was going to be hell to pay on somebody's end, the question is, whose?

--

"Okay, great class everyone. Competition team, stay behind, everyone else, dismissed," LeFue says with his whimsical French accent. 

The other dancers puddle out of the studio and the 5 dancers are on the competition team remain behind. 

"Trevante is out today, so Tyler, you will step into Trevante's spot for the day," LeFue says setting up the music.

"Got it," Tyler replies. 

"That's weird," Korie, another member of the competition team says, "Trevante is usually never out."

"You're right," another dancer says.

This gets Rodney's wheels turning. Maybe the reason Trevante was out was because of the little scuffle they had a few days prior, or maybe it had something to do with his mom. Either way, Rodney can't help but to feel a little bad for arguing with Trevante during this time but he is not in the wrong in this moment. 

"Alright, let us begin," LeFue Interrupts. 

The dancers begin to dance and everything is running very smoothly. These dancers are the cream of the crop and they were able to adjust to a missing member very easily.