KLAUS

FORBES HOUSE

Elena and Elijah stands outside the house as the door opens, Caroline goes wide eyed at Elijah. Echo stands beside her blonde

Echo: What the bloody hell?

Elijah: Miss Forbes. I would like you to accompany me and Elena.

Caroline: Uhh.......what for?

Elijah: That will be explained when we arrive when we are going. Now after you

He moves to the side holding his hand out. Elena and Caroline exchanges a look with each other then they heads towards Elena's car.

Elijah: Elena has informed me Echo has been daggered again. Is Echo and Stella with the both of you?

Stella: Of course I am. I would never leave her.

Caroline: Yeah she's here

Elean: Stella's right beside you.

Elijah: I see.

Elena: Klaus has taken over Alaric's body

Elijah: One of his oldest tricks. He learned it from Echo.

A smile forms on Caroline's face

Echo: I hate it when he steals what's belongs to me. He always does that.

Elijah: And I am afraid he is the reason Echo is no longer here.

Caroline: He daggered her?

Elijah nods his head.

Elijah: I'm afraid so.

LOCKWOOD MANSION

Elena, Caroline, and Elijah are sitting in the living room.

Elijah: So I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us.

Elena: No. I'm sorry.

Elijah: And Katerina? She would have been released from my compulsion when I died.

Caroline: Klaus took her. We think she's dead.

Elijah: I doubt that. Not Klaus' style. Death would be too easy for her after what she did.

Elena: I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him.

Elijah: I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay. There was a time...I'd have done anything for Klaus. Let me see you arm.

Caroline pulls up her sleeve and holds her arm forward. Elena goes wide eyed in horror as the dark veins etched into her friend's arm.

Elijah: This is not good

Elena: What is it?

Elijah: By completing the bond, you and Echo are now linked. Whatever happens to her, happens to you.

Caroline feels a cold feeling on her hand, she looks to her side seeing Echo smiling down at her while holding her hand

Elijah: The longer you two are apart, your body will grow weak and eventually, you'll begin to desiccate.

Caroline looks down sadly, tears in her eyes.

Elena: We know Klaus is your brother.

Elijah: Yes. Yes he is. As you've seen, nothing can kill an Original. Not Sun, not fire, not even a werewolf bite. Only the wood from one tree. A tree my family made sure burned.

Elena: That's where the white ash for the dagger comes from.

Elijah: Yes. The witches won't allow anything truly immortal to walk the earth. Every creature needs to have a weakness in order to maintain the balance.