Chpt 4 - Alex

Alex's POV

Jenna had invited us to a sleepover, I had been a little hesitant to accept but since she was going on Sunday, I had accepted. Mat had also been invited and he had already left in his car. I was also going to leave on my bike soon.

As I parked my bike some short dude kept staring at me but for some reason he felt familiar so I said "Excuse me but do I know you, dude? " but then he took off his helmet and to my surprise it was Laura. I felt so embarrassed for mistaking her for some guy and also I didn't know she rode. I quickly apologised while asking if she had also been invited by Jenna. She replied to my bullet train speed apology and questions, we then proceeded to go up the elevator.

When we arrived Jenna opened the door and just as we stepped in Laura pulled her to the side, whispering something to her. I went into the living room as I looked around since it was my first time at her house. Jenna and Laura came in a little later and Jenna told us to change into our pj's. I pulled out my hoodie and tracks and went to the washroom to change with Mat as the girls went to Jenna's room.

We all came outside one by one except for Laura. Some time later she called Haley. I wondered what had happened but a little later they both came out. Laura was wearing a black camisole which showed her cleavage and baggy pants. Her curves felt more defined and I could see her figure properly for the first time in a while. Her body was more mature than most of the girls in our class. She would usually wear baggy clothes and I always wondered why but now I understood. I felt like hiding her away in my hoodie. She looked FucKiNng HoTt. I found myself staring at her as I turned my gaze back to my phone

Jenna later told us to divide ourselves. I helped out Jenna in the kitchen while Haley, Laura and Mat got the mattresses from the storage. A little later Haley came into the kitchen with a worried look asking for the first aid kit. Jenna asked what had happened as Haley said Laura had cut her foot. I went to the living room to see Laura sitting on the couch holding her foot which was bleeding heavily. For some reason I felt angry while she wasn't even wincing. She had always been like that even when we were younger, she never showed pain on her face. I asked "What in the world were you guys doing for you to get hurt so bad? " and she mumbled "We were lifting the coffee table and it isn't that bad, it's not like I am gonna die from a little bleeding." I felt angrier with her reply. How in the world could someone be so careless? She hadn't scratched her foot or something. She had literally cut it and it was a deep one. I frowned at the coffee table and then asked Mat to help me move it to the side before someone else got hurt as well.

After a while Haley and Jenna came in with the first aid box. Laura took the box from Haley as she started wiping off the blood. I offered to help but she refused and for some reason that took me aback. She was keeping a distance which I should have maintained as well. As she finished bandaging we continued with our chores and Laura joined us in the kitchen as she wanted to help. She cut the vegetables as Jenna and I cooked. We later had dinner and then played truth or dare. Laura's chance and Jenna dared her to let her draw on her face but Laura hopped away while others chased her. I didn't but I watched the cat and mouse chase from far away but then Laura suddenly banged into a cabinet making her injured leg worse. Everyone rushed to her as it started bleeding again. Mat tried to help her up but she couldn't even stand.

My head pulsed as I acted on instinct. I was done keeping a distance. I didn't care if she was Jenna's friend or not. I carried her to the couch as her huge brown eyes looked at me shocked and her skin turned red. I slowly put her down as I sanitised her leg and bandaged it again. No one said anything since they were either too shocked or were smirking like Haley.

After all this happened we proceeded as we had planned and watched the conjuring movies. I sat next to Laura on the couch while Jenna sat a little further away from me. Haley and Mat sat on the mattresses. We watched three of the movies which bored the shit out of me and even dozed off in the middle on Laura's shoulder though Haley and Jenna's frequent screams woke me up while Laura and Mat enjoyed the movie as well as their screaming. After the third movie we decided to sleep since it was already 3 in the morning. Laura slept on one couch and I slept on the one beside her which made an L shape. Jenna, Haley and Mat slept on the mattresses.