Chpt 5- Laura

Laura's Pov

As we watched the conjuring movies, we heard a lot of screams from Jenna and Haley and during the second movie Alex even dozed off on my shoulder which made my heart skip a beat but I ignored my idiotic heart which flutters even when some hot guy makes eye contact with me.

We continued till the third movie but till the end everyone was snoozing off so we decided to sleep in for the night. Alex and I took the couch while Jenna, Haley and Mat took the mattress. I slept on one couch while Alex slept on the other. I couldn't exactly sleep though since I had insomnia. I had since I was 9, I think... . Sometimes I was able to take naps and today was the day, my eyes were drifting away when I suddenly felt a weight on my body. Someone was lying on top of me but it was too dark to see and I was sure it was just Jenna. I cuddled up to the figure as it wrapped its huge arms around my waist... .. Wait!!!! What the HELL... ............................ ............... ............ ............ ......... ...... ...... ...... ...... ... ... .. .. .. . . . . . HUGE ARMS?!? I took my phone and flashed the torch on the figure. ALEXANDER FUCKING KINGSTON was lying on top of me?!?!?!? WTH was going on??

I tried shaking him, even pushing him off me but the guy wouldn't budge even by a DAMN MiLimETer! By the end of all the pushing and shaking I was too tired. I gave up as I tossed my jelly hands down. I wondered what that damn beast ate when he was a child as I laid there with my insomnia and a person with the weight of a gorilla on top of me. After some time my fatigue caught up to me. My eyes felt heavy as my mind drifted away.

I woke up as I felt pain in my leg, my eyes fluttered open as I woke up to find Alex snuggling on my chest which for some reason felt nice but still heavy. As I tried looking at my leg I saw Alex's leg had been touching mine. I assumed he had probably hit my leg in his sleep. This time I kept slapping his shoulder and finally he got up. His dark brown eyes looked straight at me as mine wandered over his ruffled morning hair. But I was quickly distracted by the stinging pain in my leg. I winced as I shut my eyes tight. By the time I opened them Alex was gone, I took a deep breath as I laid there on the couch.

After some time of lying down I sat up only to find my leg bloodied. I slowly started unwrapping the bandage. Alex came back after a while. He questioned what had happened as I sheepishly answered his questions. He then helped me clean up my leg. After cleaning up he helped me to the washroom and after that I went to change my clothes. I searched through my backpack for the extra shorts I had packed. I struggled putting it on since they were not exactly the stretchy type. I first put in my injured leg but as I went to put in my other leg I lost balance and fell with a loud thud and a scream.

I heard rapid knocking and then Alex's voice as he asked "Are you ok? I heard a scream, should I come in? " I quickly replied since I wasn't dressed yet " No, no wait don't come in, I just fell down...... ... ... . . . trying to wear my pants" I finished as my cheeks flushed in embarrassment. He laughed at my reply as I screeched at him "Hey!! Did you just LAuGh! I am injured here, OK! ".

After a few minutes of struggling I came out to the living room, only to find Alex trying to get the blood stains off the couch like it was some crime scene and he was getting rid of the evidence. He tried to get it off with a damp cloth but it was not totally gone, just a little faded and smudged. I offered to help but he didn't accept at first but then had to since that wasn't coming off anytime soon.

I mixed toothpaste, a little baking soda, lemon juice and detergent together in a tiny bowl and then applied it to the stain, after waiting for 15 minutes I cleaned it off and vahlahhh!! The stain was completely gone. I then turned to Alex with a smug smile and proudly said "Period Hacks! ". When you are a woman with a heavy flow, you learn these things along the way.

After getting the stain off we chatted for some time and somehow decided that we should make pancakes and eggs for breakfast. We made a list and then headed to the supermarket below the building. We got a few things but we couldn't get eggs. So we went across the street to another shop but some drunk men in front of the shop kept eyeing me. It made me feel uncomfortable but I tried not to show it. I glanced at Alex but he had already noticed and was clenching his fist and jaw. I could already imagine what he was thinking since he had once beaten up a guy who tried to force Haley to drink. I gripped his hand which I had been holding on for support as he glanced at me. His expression cooled down a little but then suddenly he took off his hoodie and put it on me. We exited the shop quickly and then went back.