Chpt 7- laura

Laura's Pov

I felt a fluffy cloud near my arm, tickling me as my eyes opened to Misty purring in her sleep. I checked the clock on my bedside table and it lit up with " 5: 30". I had almost slept for what I think was 3 hours. My naps usually lasted 2 hours at most.

I carefully slid out of my quill as I tiptoed to the washroom, trying not to wake Misty. I brushed and washed my face, I didn't have a particular face routine or anything and I wasn't really a girly type of girl, one would say I was a tomboy but that wasn't exactly true either. I was more of an in -between type of girl.

After freshening up I went down and to my surprise Alex was sleeping on the couch and not in the guest room. I observed him for a few seconds to make sure he was in deep sleep and went and sat beside the couch. I got lost in my intrusive thoughts as I traced my finger over his forehead and then his nose and his lips. The closer I got the more flawless he looked. I was brought out of my thoughts when Alex turned to his side, facing me. I felt the heat rise from my chest to my whole body as my heart pumped loudly and I felt my cheeks turn red. I quickly got up and made my way to the kitchen.

I made egg bhurji for breakfast and kept some aside for Alex. After breakfast I was going to my room to try and get some more sleep but I thought of sitting on the armchair for sometime before going up. I sat for a few minutes before I felt sleepy again. Soon drowsiness filled my eyes as I was swept into darkness... ...
I woke up to some clatter in the kitchen and to find Alex standing and eating the egg bhurji I had left for him.
" At Least sit down and eat " I said from behind as I stood by the doorway. He quickly took his plate and the pan and sat down as he smiled sheepishly and said " Where did you learn to make egg bhurji like this?". I hesitated but then said " When we were younger you used to get it for breaks and I loved eating your egg bhurji but gradually we drifted away and you stopped bringing it as well so I used to try making it at home from scratch"
" It tastes exactly like how my mom used to make it" he said as he stuffed his mouth with another spoonful like he had starved for days.
My mind only focused on the words "used to". I asked as curiosity filled my mind " Used to? Does she not make it anymore?".
" She died when I was 7, the one who came to our open days is my step mom" he said with indifference. "Ohh... ... .. . I didn't know about her, I am so sorry. I always thought she was your biological mom because you resembled her so much" I said. "It's because she is my mom's cousin and she's really lovely. " he replied. I nodded as I understood why they looked so alike. The resemblance was uncanny.. As I zoned out Alex took his last bite and then washed the dishes.

We went to the living room and sat down when Alex asked why I had been sleeping on the armchair as I explained to him about my insomnia. He looked at me as if he had never heard the word insomnia. Ignoring his timely looks, I finished my explanation.

After that we chatted about what college we wanted to get into when Alex said that he was going for Cambridge school which was top in the state. I gasped since it was a school I was aiming for but it was difficult for my family to afford so I was hoping to go for a scholarship, which I explained to him. Alex said " You know my family could sponsor you since they are the biggest donors of that school."
" You shouldn't joke like that" I said as I changed the topic. After some time a message popped up on my phone. It was my brother. It read " I will be home in 20 mins". A panic set in me as I realised that I had brought a man home without telling anyone and I also let him sleep the night. I quickly got up as I pulled Alex by his arm and said " Quick! You have to get your stuff and go, my brother is coming back in 20 mins!!". I helped Alex get his clothes from the rack as he quickly packed them in his bag. We checked around the house one last time to make sure nothing was left behind. I made sure nothing would make him suspicious as I hid his clothes that I had given to Alex with the laundry and put aside extra plates and spoons that Alex used. To anyone who thinks I have done this before. No I haven't, I just watched way too many detective shows.

I followed Alex to the front door as he thanked me when he suddenly froze and then said " My bike!! I forgot to call for a mechanic!! ". My face went pale and then paler when I saw my brother's car. I almost shrieked as i said " Shit i am soo dead!!.... Wait, take your bike and park it by the side of the house and stay there till Zayn comes inside the house" He followed my instructions quickly as I saw the car coming closer. I went and sat in the living room and acted like nothing had happened as I scrolled through my phone. A little later the bell rang and I opened the door. Horror filled my eyes as I saw Zayn holding Alex by his ear while Alex was struggling. He gave me a stern look as he said " Yeh kya naye chakkar chala rahi hai tu? Yeh tera woh crush hai na, kya ab boyfriend ban gaya? I thought you were over him". I shrieked "Zaynnnn!!!" as i felt my cheeks getting heated. I had never told Alex that he was my crush, NEVER! My brother just had to be nosy and interfere. Alex looked at me a little shocked. I first told Zayn to let go of Alex's ear while I told Alex to go home and that I would explain everything to him later.
( What's this new drama? Wasn't he your crush, is he your boyfriend now?)

I pulled Zayn inside as I explained the whole situation to him. I got a little scolding but he said he would keep it a secret from dad because if my dad heard about this he would probably murder Alex. Now the only thing was to explain to Alex about him being my crush which made my anxiety rise. I called Haley as I went to my room telling her about the whole fiasco. I didn't call Jenna since it didn't feel right.

Chpt AESTHETIC✨

Laura sneaking a pic of Zayn while he scolded her