Chpt 6- Alex

Alex's POV

The day got over quickly, we cooked, played and then finally went to drop Jenna. After saying our goodbyes we were on our way when Mat and Haley started fighting over dinner and taking Laura to the hospital. I suggested that they could go get dinner while I took Laura to the hospital and they had agreed.

As we headed to my bike I handed Laura my spare helmet while I wore mine. As I finished buckling my helmet I heard Laura curse under her breath, I looked at her half shocked and half confused but as I saw her struggling with the helmet I let out a chuckle. She glared at me for laughing which looked even more cute. I pulled her close by her tiny waist as her cheeks flushed through the helmet. I adjusted and buckled her helmet as we got ready to go.

She sat behind me as I instructed her to hold on tight but she put her hand on my shoulders, as if that would stop her from flying off. I told her again to hold on tighter as I took her left hand and put it around me. She then wrapped her other hand as well. I could feel her chest against me as it moved up and down, her breath against my neck. I felt my stomach do a 360 degree flip. I rode to the hospital as fast as I could before my heart exploded from the blood rush I was getting.

I let out a sigh as we reached the hospital. We went to the doctor who told us that Laura needed stitches. After getting treated we left the hospital as we walked out I saw a few boys eyeing Laura. I ignored them and picked up my courage and asked Laura if she wanted to get dinner. She said that she needed to ask her brother and quickly called him. After a few seconds he picked up, she started but was cut off by him, she again started and was just about to hang up but then a frown appeared on her face. "My Boyfriend, ok now stop asking stupid things like that he's just a friend and if you do anything I am never talking to you again" She huffed and hung up after.

She looked at me but the only thing in my mind was the word boyfriend. I looked at her with a smug look and said "Boyfriend, huh! " she ran away, embarrassed as she realised what she had said. I took this opportunity since Laura wasn't around and went to where those boys were and beat them up.

After a while I came back trying not to show any emotion. I told her to sit on the bike but suddenly she groaned in pain. I turned to Laura as I examined her leg, then lifted and put her on the bike. After that we went to Restaurant X where Laura asked if I was alright. She had noticed the blood on my hand and I had assured her I was fine.

Later I dropped her home. I waited for her to reach her room since she had said that her brother wasn't coming home. After a while she popped out of the window as she told me to leave. I waved one last time as I started my bike and left. I stopped by a pharmacy to get some ointment for my back (One of the guys had hit me with a bat).

When I was about to leave, my bike didn't start and it started pouring. I called home for our driver but no one picked up and then tried Mat but he didn't pick up either. I tried calling again but there was still no answer. I then called for a toying truck but they said that they couldn't come due to the heavy downpour. I thought of taking my bike all the way home but it would take me almost an hour.

After some brainstorming, I thought of going back to Laura's house since it was only 5 minutes away but I hesitated since it was a little late to go to her house. After a while I decided to go to her house, the worst was that she could kick me out of her house or think of me as some pervert.

I parked my bike on the sideway as I walked to her door and rang the bell, after ringing the bell I had second thoughts. I still had time to leave. I was almost going to leave when I heard Laura's voice from inside " Who is it?" . I answered "it's me, Alex", she opened the door as she hid something behind her back. It looked like a... .. KNIFE?! Who was she planning to kill with that!! ME?!? But if it was someone else I guess it would have been useful. It made sense that she took measures since it was late at night and her dad was an ex soldier and was now an officer at a military base so she was defensive. Her questions snapped me out of my thoughts "What happened? Why did you come back? Wait, first come inside you are totally drenched." she finished. I replied to her questions and after hearing me out she told me to freshen up in the guest room.