Chpt 10- Laura&Alex

Laura's POV

I called Haley first thing after getting scolded by Zayn and explained with bullet speed about the whole situation including all the details. She seemed somewhat proud as she tried to hide her smile. She told me that she would think of a plan and cut the call. After sometime I called her again but it showed that she was busy and I knew exactly why. She must have called Alex because who else would she call this early in the morning. I called again and she picked up this time.

I interrogated her and also got some courage as she told me that Alex might like me as well. She suggested that I plan a confession and I did. I pulled an all -nighter watching a few romcom movies and writing down what I would say when we met where Haley had planned the set up. The next two days I avoided going out  but today I was feeling really bored and I had borrowed a book from the library which was supposed to be returned today. I wore some jeans and a backless top which had to be tied at the back.

After getting the books I had to return, I headed to the “ Readers Hub” Library where I usually went to spend time alone. I entered the library as I greeted Nisha Aunty, the librarian at the counter. I heard someone enter behind me but I didn't bother looking as I went ahead and handed the books I had to return and then roamed around the romance section as I saw a few books which looked interesting. I skimmed through the whole section as I turned around to head back to the ones which looked interesting but I instead bumped into something which felt like an iron wall. I looked up to see who had I bumped into only to get a heart attack… .

Laura at the library

Alex's POV

I saw Laura go into the library as I followed behind her keeping a safe distance which kind of felt stalker-ish. She gave some books at the counter and headed to the romance section. She roamed around a little and I trailed behind her but she didn't seem to notice. She looked really invested in her book hunt. At the end of the shelf she took a swift turn and bumped directly into my chest, she reached barely till my chin.

She looked up and her expression looked like a person who had just seen a ghost. She took a few steps back and was about to run but I held her by her wrist pulling her a little closer as her skin turned a bright red as she kept looking around as if a ghost would come and help her from this confrontation. She looked everywhere but in my eyes which looked cute. I liked the effect I was having on her. She wasn't the cool and charismatic Laura anymore, she was more like the shy and cute Laura. After a minute of silence I decided to break it. “ I know you had planned to confess but I want to do it first, I LIKE YOU LAURA and I want to be with you” I said coolly I think?

She looked at me in disbelief and then suddenly started to look for something and finally took out a piece of paper from her pocket. Her tiny hands trembled as she unfolded the paper. She took a deep breath and started reading from it “ I.. I.. I like you too. I have liked you for a long time. I think since 2nd grade maybe even longer. I don't remember when I started liking you but… . ” she glanced at me as I let out a chuckle, I couldn't stop smiling and my heart was exploding with all the happiness in the world. I hugged her before she could continue, sinking in her warmth. After a while she pushed me away as she said “ Wait you're suffocating me and I haven't finished my part yet” She said as another laugh left my mouth, I kissed her forehead.

I thought she couldn't turn any more red but her skin burned an even brighter red than before. She looked at me with eyes filled full of warmth and love, still trying to process if what happened was real or not. I stared into her eyes but then she suddenly hugged me again as she mumbled something as I said “what, can you say it a little louder” she said again but I still couldn't hear it and asked her to repeat one more time. She stepped back, with a pout on her face she looked at me and shouted “WILL YOU BE MY BOYFRIEND?!”

I looked at her, my face heating up… . No, my face was on fire. A “YES” came out of my mouth as I blushed harder. Happiness filling me inside out. I lifted her up as she yelped, wrapping her hands quickly around me but then we heard a “ahemm” . I didn't pay attention to it but then Laura started smacking my shoulder as she said “Put me down! Nisha aunty is watching”
“Who is Nisha aunty?” I asked confused
“The librarian and she's right behind you so put me down”
I quickly set Laura down and turned around to find a tiny old dwarve. She had a cane in her hand as she smacked me with it and said “At least koi achi si jagah main toh puch usko, yeh purane khandar main kya puch raha hai!”
(At least ask her out in a nice place instead of these old ruins!)
I looked around surprised by what she had just said and realised that she was right. I should have planned this out better. I looked at Laura while she giggled and then said “sorry ma'am I will do better”
“Don't worry aunty this is a special place to me” Laura said as she giggled more.
“You are lucky ke yeh itni achi hai warna main hoti toh tujhe yahi ke yahi na keh deti” She said with a proud look
(You are lucky that she is so kind if it would have been me I would have turned you down right away)
“Sorry ma'am”  a little chuckle left my lips as Laura started pushing me ahead as she said “bye aunty we should get going now” I said bye as well and we left.

I walked behind Laura as I realised she was wearing a backless top and she looked like she was going out. “Do you have to go somewhere?” I asked as she paced herself to walk beside me and said “no ummmm.. Actually I was too tired to select any clothes so I wore whatever I could find but now that I think about it, it does look like I dressed up”
“So then are you free right now?” I asked
She looked at me a little but then gave a tiny nod. I held her hand as I dragged her with me to where I had parked my bike. Luckily I had an extra helmet with me today. I passed it to Laura as I sat on my bike. She sat behind me as I told her to hold on tightly but I was surprised when she wrapped her hands around me instead of holding on to my shoulders. I didn't say anything as I started to drive away. It was almost sunset and I knew a good spot around the beach where I usually went to clear my head. It was half an hour away and we would be just in time for the sunset. We talked all the way there well, mostly she did, explaining how she had planned the whole confession with Haley and how she had stayed up the night to write her speech which I didn't listen to but it went all good anyway.

By the time we had reached the sun was just above the horizon and the sky was pink and purple. Laura gazed at it as I quickly got some sandwiches to eat from the food stalls nearby. Laura started munching on it but the wind kept blowing her hair and wouldn't let her eat. I watched her as she struggled but then decided to help. She told me she had a hair tie in her pocket which I got after struggling for 5 mins straight because she felt ticklish whenever I tried to pull the damn thing out. I tied her hair finally and after that we went to some more food stalls nearby. I dropped her by her house after having the best date of my life with her.

CHAPTER AESTHETICS ✨