Chpt 9- Alex

Alex's POV

I had the biggest bomb dropped on me this morning by Zayn bhaiya and Haley. LaUrA LIkEd mE!! Did that even make sense!!

A FEW HOURS AGO... .

I was shocked to hear Laura had insomnia but I guess it wasn't surprising that I didn't know that since there were many things about her that I didn't know. After I flashed her some shocking looks and she ignored most of them we started talking about college as I told her that I was going to Cambridge School. It was an international school which was also where most rich kids went, including me. Laura's eyes literally when she heard the name of the school. She said she wanted to get into that school as well, it was her dream school but she had to apply for a scholarship since her family had difficulty affording the school tuition. I told her my family could probably sponsor her but she brushed my offer aside like it was some child joking. I was serious about my offer and since she ranked second in the state it would be easier.

Anyways after some more chatting her phone pinged as she checked the message her face turned pale and panic set in her eyes. She quickly pulled my arm as she told me to get up as her brother was coming back in 20 mins. My face too turned pale upon hearing her.

I had seen her brother once and he was almost the same height as me, maybe even taller and he was fighting this guy and it felt more one sided. He was crushing the guy like he was a mosquito and from what I remember that guy had talked shit about Laura. I remember it since I felt a surge of heat burst through me when I heard that they had been talking about her body but Zayn bhaiya had almost killed the guy that day but if he saw me today he would probably murder me.

I quickly packed my things as Laura helped me as well. Just when I was about to leave I realised my bike was still not working and I had forgotten to call the mechanic. Laura shrieked as she saw her brother's car approaching. She quickly told me to hide by the side of the house and I did. I took my bike to the side of the house. It was small but there was enough space to fit me and my bike. I waited there for almost 10 mins when I felt someone behind me. I turned around to face a build similar to mine standing behind me and as soon as he saw me he pulled me by my ear as he dragged me to the entrance of the house and rang the bell. I kept struggling and kept saying "sorry bhaiya but please mera kaan nikal jaiga agar aap aise khichonge" I said as I pleaded for my life and ear.
( sorry zayn but please, my ear will fall off if you keep pulling it like this)

After a second Laura opened the door as she gasped at the sight. Zayn glared at her as he said " Yeh kya naye chakkar chala rahi hai tu? Yeh tera woh crush hai na, kya ab boyfriend ban gaya? I thought you were over him". Laura shrieked at him as her cheeks flushed. What had I just heard? Has Laura liked me all this time? I was so confused but she quickly told Zayn to let go of my ear and told me to go home as she would explain the situation later. I called my driver to pick up my bike later as I took an Uber home.
( What's this new drama? Wasn't he your crush, is he your boyfriend now?)

After reaching I was still in shock. My sister had asked me something but I didn't even hear half of it because I was so distracted. I went straight to my room. Half an hour later I got a call from Haley and I knew exactly what she was going to say, I blackmailed her before she could say anything but that didn't work. She then dropped the second bomb on me as she told me that Laura had like for TeN FUcKInG yEArS. Loved me actually. I was frozen after what I heard and before I could say anything she cut the call since Laura was calling her. It took me some time to sink in her words and then another half an hour later she called again, this time telling me that Laura was gonna confess. I told I was not ready as she reminded me how I had liked her since 6th grade and told me that it was either now or never. How the fuck did she even know when I started liking her? Was I that obvious then? My mind was sinking in confusion.