Ch11

Third Person's POV

Mount Justice, October 1, 18:13 EDT

Marin and Cana were simply watching Kaldur and Robin having a sparring match with one another with Captain Marvel watching while eating a bar and Zatara standing by his side.

Kaldur and Robin stood opposite each other on the training deck, fighting hand-to-hand, both of them in their civilian wear. Robin jumps up aiming a kick at Kaldur's shoulder, which gains him 4 points. The Atlantean sidesteps it though, gaining 8 points. 

Robin is quick to turn as soon as he touches the ground and turns back to Kaldur. Robin throws a punch, which Kaldur blocks, both of them gaining 4 points each for that. Kaldur raises his right hand throwing a punch, but Robin ducks under it. Kaldur is quick to follow up with another punch, but Robin does a back-handspring, dodging that one too. Kaldur gains 14 points for his combo while Robin 10 points for his dodge and it's x2 the second his hands touch the ground.

As Kaldur gets in close, he raises his left fist to punch Robin, but the Boy Wonder blocks it and attempts to palm-heel strike in retaliation, but Kaldur does his own back spring, avoiding it. Robin gains 8 points more, Kaldur also gaining 9 points. Robin throws a front kick, gaining 5 points extra, and moves closer to Kaldur.

M'gann, Conner, and Wolf approach the area, and the floor light turn off, marking the end of the training session, as both boys relax.

"Good work you two!" Marin tells both Robin and Kaldur with a smile making blush a bit and chuckled while Kaldur smiles back before looking down while rubbing the back of his neck feeling his face a little heated up

Marin sees M'gann and Connor looking at each other before looking down in sadness before suddenly Wolf runs up to him and lick his face making the white hair boy laugh.

Connor sees both Marin and Wolf with a pout which M'gann noticed "Jealous much?" she asked with a small giggled.

Connor rolls his eyes "First Sphere and now Wolf is Marin some kind of pet Magnet?" he asked his girlfriend in his mind.

"Probably they're more attached to him since he and Cana are the only ones out of the who doesn't go to school; So they get to see him as often, but don't forget you're their owners" M'gann replies 

Marin then pets Wolf's head "I'm happy to see you too, now go back to Connor; we don't want to make him jealous, don't we?" he asked whispering at Wolf who barked happily before heading off with Connor and M'gann.

Cana smiled seeing her friend not being sad anymore 'Thank whoever's up there for Wolf' she thought.

Kaldur and Robin watch the couple walk by as the two sent secret smiles at each other.

"You know they're a couple, right?" Robin asked Kaldur quietly.

"I believe I knew before they did." Kaldur replied smiling.

Other sound of footsteps approached, and both boys turned to see Wally and Artemis walking in.

"Do we tell them?" Robin asked, gesturing to the second duo.

Marin sneaks up on them "I think is not our place about it" he said in the same tone of voice startling the boy wonder a bit.

"You've scared me" Robin told the white hair male with a playful pout.

"Didn't mean to" Marin apologized.

"Marin's not wrong, though; It's not our place" Kaldur replied firmly.

The boys drop the relationship topic as the rest of the crew got closer.

"So if Zatara is our babysitter of the week, why's he still here?" Wally asked, looking up at Captain Marvel. "And why's he eating my snacks?" he added with a slight offended tone in his voice.