Ch14

Third Person's POV

Mount Justice; October 23rd, 17:21 EDT

M'gann stirs her bowl of mix silently, while Kaldur leans against the counter behind her, Wally slumps at one of the chairs, Artemis leans against the back of one of the chairs, and Robin sits on the couch. All of them silent and stuck inside their own heads.

In the Training Room, Red Tornado, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Marvel watch over the teens worriedly on the screens. They all turn an ear as they hear the Zeta Tube activate.

"Recognize: Batman, 02"

"How are they?" the Dark Knight asks immediately.

"I am still shaken by what you and I have wrought. One can only imagine what these youths fair." Manhunter says gesturing to the Holo-Screens that they're watching the Team on.

"I know our virtual reality training simulation went badly" he at least has the decency to look down as he thoroughly understates it "but I'd hoped the Team would've rallied by now."

Manhunter looks surprised, while Captain Marvel looks annoyed with Batman.

"Trauma tends to linger, as I know you know, my friend" The Martian said making Batman shrinks under his friend's words before looking up with a curious raise in his cowl.

"Black Canary?" He asked

"She has her work cut out for her." Manhunter says lowly.

"And He-Devil?" Captain Marvel asked.

"He's still hasn't woken up yet he's currently with Zatara he can see what's the issue with him" Batman explains.

Captain Marvel sighs with relief "I pray for a Miracle; it's been a week, and we still haven't give them a update on Marin's condition, even Wolf and Sphere are worried" he then said.

Batman doesn't blame them they seem to care a lot about the White hair male they reminded him of a old friend of him that happens to be from another world like Marin.

-meanwhile-

Black Canary sits in one green chair across from Connor in his own green chair, she keeps her gaze on him while he looks down at his feet.

"I can only imagine how devastating it was losing your friends, in essence, your family convinced all the time it was completely real." she says, her voice wavering a little as she calls the team his family, but what is noticeable is that Connor's hands clench into fists when she reminds him that he only thought it was real "I'm sure it must have been horrible for you" she waits a moment, seeing if he'll respond "I understand, you're Superboy, you're not supposed to have feelings of sadness or vulnerability" she then said.

Conner stands up immediately, hands clenched at his sides as he looks down at her "You don't know what I feel" he said harshly before he then walks out.

She doesn't try to follow him out simply calling out to him "Connor!"

As the sliding doors open Connor shouts over his shoulder "Just leave me alone!"

She sits back in her chair, a worried look on her face.

-meanwhile-

Metropolis; October 23rd, 17:28 EDT

Metropolis Park is calm and fairly populated since the weather is nice when suddenly a golden portal opens with a BOOM. A ship that looks like a car, though large, flies through the portal, raising a panic.

"Hero Danjar!" the man driving cheers as they fly straight upwards, He is a large man with fur clothes. bright red hair that is pulled into two low lying, loose pigtails, and a black guard around the edge of his face and hairline.