Day One

You slowly open your eyes, breathing in the air of a new day. Or, rather, afternoon. Admittedly, your sleep schedule was pretty awful, but that wasn't currently your main concern. You threw back your covers and sat up, immediately feeling an unpleasant chill bite at you. Standing up, you approached your window and drew back the curtains slightly. You touched the glass; it was freezing.

You backed up and walked over to switch your bedroom lights on, then it was back into bed. It wasn't like you had anything better to do, schoolwork maybe, but it could wait. The last thing you wanted to do after just waking up was frustrate yourself over math, which you were terrible at. However, there was an upside to the subject... You smiled to yourself as the image of a certain blue numeral came to mind.

They were your favorite character of all time, even compared to characters from other fandoms. They were Four, from BFB. But you might've never knew of Four's existence at all had you not decided to rewatch BFDI and BFDIA one day. You'd simply recalled that you had watched it in your childhood and chose to give it a revisit. The new, and finished, season immediately stuck out to you, but you disregarded it at the time.

At that point, you hadn't planned to watch it at all. You simply finished rewatching BFDI and BFDIA in a mere day and left it at that. Eventually, however, the boredom and curiosity ate at you and you gave in. At first, you admittedly didn't really like the new hosts, finding their messy appearances and strange behaviors odd. But, as time passed, you found yourself resonating more and more with the main host of the season: Four.

They were impatient, immature, and moved to violence at a moments notice. Either for their own benefit or just because they felt like it. You weren't anything like them at all, an introvert if anything, but there was just something about them that pulled at your heartstrings with a ferocity as strong as their aggression. You liked them, you really liked them. So much so that you finished BFB in its entirety within a few days, which you quickly regretted.

You missed them terribly and desperately wanted to keep seeing them through any means possible. Non-canon content, fan content, anything and everything. When there was nothing left to find, you made your own media of them through drawing. You also had your fair share of merchandise, including your prized Four plush, an item you were very happy to have. Another mark the series had left on your mind was the daydreams.

Consistently, you had daydreams about just what it would be like to be on Goiky. About what a life like that would entail. What being around Four would be like... You wanted that life more than you think you've ever wanted anything before. To live a life that fulfilling... you wanted it so bad you could almost reach out and grab it. You stared up at your ceiling with half-lidded eyes, resigning yourself to the fact that it was a wish that would never come true. It was a beautiful dream, but a dream nonetheless.

You rolled over onto your side and stared at your Four plush. You were sick of this reality, it felt every bit like you were never meant to be here in the first place. Made-up worlds were far more fitting for you. It struck so much emotion, brought so much joy! The real world simply couldn't replicate it. There was only one problem with those places that didn't exist: they ended. Every story had an ending and you knew there was eventually going to be one for Four too.

You reached out grabbed your Four plush, pulling it into an embrace. You didn't want that... You didn't want their story to end. To never be able to see them again; it brought you extreme dread. Living in that world, though, it never *would* end. You'd live out that adventure yourself, forever! You'd happily leave this world behind for that. You wanted to know... you just wanted to feel the wonder of that world for yourself... just once. You blinked your eyes and then closed them shut.

Although it was late in the day, you found yourself wanting to go back to sleep, a sudden tiredness washing over you. You tossed and turned in your bed until you were comfortable, setting your eyes on your still ajar window curtains. The crisp winter wind tossing the few remaining leaves on trees to the ground was a good visual to fall asleep to. And you did just that.