𝟏𝟕. 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

˖⁺‧₊˚。:˚*:・。˗ˏˋ ꒰ა ♡︎ ໒꒱ ˎˊ˗ 。・:*˚:。˖˚₊‧⁺˖

You were running with Zenitsu, you had Nezuko's box on your back. You heard shouts and screams from afar and clashes of swords and just lots of random noises you could 100% associate with them. 

"Y/n-Chan..*pant* wait.up!" Zenitsu says. You grabbed looked over and grabbed his hand tightly, making sure he didn't fall behind. He jumped a little by your action but simply held your hand back.

You saw the sun start to rise as you and Zenitsu made it finally closer to where the others were. But to your suprise, you saw Inosuke, Tanjiro and finally Rengoku kneeling down in front of Tanjiro.

You quickly made your way down to the scene.

"Whats going on.?" You asked concerned.

"Rengoku, i-is there any way to c-close up your wound or anything??!" Tanjiro said.

"No, I will soon die." He he simply said. Your face dropped and so did Zenitsu's.  You felt youself grow weak, your eyes welling up with tears and your fists cleanching, you simply looked down at the floor listening to Rengoku's last words to Tanjiro.

"No matter how weak or unworthy you feel, keep your heart burning" He said. "Kamado boy..boar head boy...blonde boy., and the H/C girl (hair color)..one day you will all become great Hashira...I believe in you 4.." 

Your eyes welled up with more tears, your bottom lip trembled as your fists clenched harder. You sniffled trying your best not to show the fact you were about to bawl your eyes out. Rengoku grew weak and his head slumped down slightly. He was dead..

"When..Rengoku was on the train he let out several techniques..so that the damage would be minimum.." Zenitsu said. "Is he really dead?..Is it true an upper rank demon showed up!?"

"Yes.." Tanjiro said, tears pouring down his face. "Just as i thought i could do something..a wall appears right in front of my face.." He said his voice all shaky as he continued to cry and describe how he had failed to help.

"C-could I ever become like Rengoku-sama.." He says his voice going cracky and shaky.

You were practically crying now into your arm along with Zenitsu and Inosuke.

"D-DONT SAY THOSE WORDS SH-SHUT UP!!" Inosuke said angrily bashing at Tanjiro.

"Aren't you crying too..Its coming out your mask.." Zenitsu says weakly.

"IM NOT CRYINGG!!" Inosuke bawls out into tears trying to drag Tanjiro. 

You stayed quiet sniffling into your arm, your sword dropping beside you, Zenitsu looked over, he came up to you hugging you tightly, you immidiately hugged him back, your head in the crook of his neck as you cried with him and the others.

˖⁺‧₊˚。:˚*:・。˗ˏˋ ꒰ა ♡︎ ໒꒱ ˎˊ˗ 。・:*˚:。˖˚₊‧⁺˖

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER, ITS KINDA LATE FOR ME ITS LIKE 12:45AM